Publishing Producer - Creative & IP Development
Production at Riot Games help lead the vision of each individual product across the finish line while helping achieve experiences beyond the audience's expectations. We're involved in almost every product you can think of, be it an epic new skin, the Mechs vs. Minions board game, or the internal tools needed by engineers or artists to speed up their craft. Whatever the calling, we identify and provide the solution that the audience needs.
As a Producer, you'll maintain the relationships between our internal team and our external development studios to verify we are making the best possible games. By building up relationships and inspiring our developers to collaborate, you'll guide quality projects from Riot into players hands. You'll help concept, improve, and influence game development with our partner studios at each stage of production. Are you up for the challenge?
As a Publishing Producer within the Creative and Intellectual Property (IP&C) group you will report to the head of Riot's new publishing team. You will work with external developers to guarantee our portfolio of games are high-quality and fun for players. You will manage a portfolio of games as the point of contact, building up relationships with developers and teams at Riot. You will ensure that the team is set up for success at every stage of project development. Working as a member of the team, you will encourage knowledge sharing and standard methodologies to ensure we always work at a high standard and are thoughtful partners to our developers.
- You will operate across multiple titles simultaneously across a plethora of platforms and external teams
- Ensure our products are achieving strategic portfolio and business goals
- Partner with developers to ensure the game is on track, providing them with the support they need
- You'll guide developers through goals, metric setting and conducting regular reviews of the product
- Provide updates and visibility on the project status to the leadership team and fellow producers
- You ensure we are partnering with the QA lead to verify that each game is tested and hits the quality targets
- Partner with the Publishing Lead to develop the “go to market” plan
- Build and handle P&Ls for each game, always understanding trade-offs between time, cost, and scope
- Identify prospective partners and form partnerships early
- You feel comfortable speaking to a broad spectrum of topics to multiple teams, you are well versed in game production
- 6 years of experience in a Producer role between publishers and game development studios
- You have experience overseeing the full lifecycle of game development and understand game production
- Shipped at least two games on the publishing side and one game as part of a development studio
- Experience with 1st parties, age ratings, legal and shipping games on a variety of platforms including PC, console, and mobile
- Deal negotiation and experience collaborating with legal on partner contracts
- Personable, your demeanor diffuses conflicts and puts people at ease
- You understand player resonance and know what makes a good game, and what defines quality for players
- You’re willing to travel up to 20% of the time
- Experience with iterative development methodologies like Scrum & Agile, and have used supporting software (i.e.: JIRA, Favro, Hansoft)
- Medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).