Project Manager at ChowNow
Specifically you will:
- Develop project plans across cross functional teams including Product, Engineering, QA, and Design.
- Practice Scrum and Agile methodology throughout the product development lifecycle.
- Partner with the Product Lead(s) to drive roadmap execution and actively prioritize work.
- Utilize lifecycle data to proactively raise risks and trade off decisions to key stakeholders. Actively mitigate these with scope control and resourcing.
- Identify and resolve all cross organizational dependencies and potential blockers.
- Ensure all status materials and roadmap documents are compiled, aggregated and complete and remain well-maintained.
- Drive improvement and iteration on overall product development lifecycle.
- Facilitate product planning, iteration planning, progress tracking, retrospectives and reporting.
- Become a champion and advocate for team health.
Within 30 Days You’ll:
- Progress through our Ramp Camp (ChowNow’s New Hire Onboarding Experience).
- Learn about our sales and onboarding processes to understand the value ChowNow brings to local restaurant owners.
- Embed yourself within squads to gain knowledge of current ceremonies and backlog items.
- Become familiar with ChowNow’s product development cycle by documenting current processes.
- Meet with team members to determine any opportunities in the current product lifecycle.
Within 60 Days You’ll:
- Learn about the tech stack, database structure, and system architecture.
- Partner with Product Manager to prioritize product backlog items for two full sprints of design and development work.
- Establish and monitor plans, and ensure the realization of goals and continuous improvements.
- Facilitate all ceremonies involved in developing an execution oriented culture.
Within 90 Days You’ll:
- Communicate status and risks of current projects to Executive leadership.
- Identify opportunities for more effective and efficient processes.
- Coordinate cross dependencies across multiple departments.
- Identify risks and apply mitigation techniques to ensure delivery.
You should apply if:
- You have 3- 5 years experience working in project management, preferably in a startup environment.
- You are passionate and experienced in agile/scrum methodology.
- You have excellent leadership skills.
- You are passionate about technology and understand software development lifecycles.
- You like to solve problems and are always looking for ways to improve team performance.
- You know how to keep teams organized and on track.
- You are comfortable in fast paced and complex environments.
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities
- A best place to work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 6 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 6 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool)
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion)
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap