Greater LA Area
ChowNow is unique among tech startups in the restaurant space. We power branded online ordering systems for independent restaurants across North America – via websites, Facebook, Google, and through branded iOS and Android apps – and we do it all for a reasonable monthly fee regardless of order volume. We operate this way because of our belief in being fair, sustainable, and equitable with our restaurant partners. And the same goes for our workplace.
Diversity, teamwork, and mutual respect are among our core company values. And we pride ourselves on giving our teams plenty of opportunities to make their mark. To date we’ve created over 11,000 apps for our restaurant partners – something that’s never been done before in our category. And as we expand to new markets, further spreading the word about the ChowNow difference, those opportunities to create, build, and grow will only increase. If this sounds like the kind of workplace, and the kind of mission, that appeals to you, we’d love to talk.
Learn more by checking out our reviews on Glassdoor (they’re excellent). Together we can preserve
neighborhood flavor, one restaurant at a time.
About the Position:
As a Project Manager you will work from our Los Angeles Headquarters and be a champion in organizing all the moving parts within our product development teams. You will participate in all phases of the development lifecycle. You will take the lead on ensuring execution and delivery of key product initiatives. The project manager will manage this through partnership and collaboration with our highly skilled cross functional teams across product development.
Specifically you will:
- Develop project plans across cross functional teams including Product, Engineering, QA, and Design.
- Practice Scrum and Agile methodology throughout the product development lifecycle.
- Partner with the Product Lead(s) to drive roadmap execution and actively prioritize work.
- Utilize lifecycle data to proactively raise risks and trade off decisions to key stakeholders. Actively mitigate these with scope control and resourcing.
- Identify and resolve all cross organizational dependencies and potential blockers.
- Ensure all status materials and roadmap documents are compiled, aggregated and complete and remain well-maintained.
- Drive improvement and iteration on overall product development lifecycle.
- Facilitate product planning, iteration planning, progress tracking, retrospectives and reporting.
- Become a champion and advocate for team health.
Within 30 Days You’ll:
- Progress through our Ramp Camp (ChowNow’s New Hire Onboarding Experience).
- Learn about our sales and onboarding processes to understand the value ChowNow brings to local restaurant owners.
- Embed yourself within squads to gain knowledge of current ceremonies and backlog items.
- Become familiar with ChowNow’s product development cycle by documenting current processes.
- Meet with team members to determine any opportunities in the current product lifecycle.
Within 60 Days You’ll:
- Learn about the tech stack, database structure, and system architecture.
- Partner with Product Manager to prioritize product backlog items for two full sprints of design and development work.
- Establish and monitor plans, and ensure the realization of goals and continuous improvements.
- Facilitate all ceremonies involved in developing an execution oriented culture.
Within 90 Days You’ll:
- Communicate status and risks of current projects to Executive leadership.
- Identify opportunities for more effective and efficient processes.
- Coordinate cross dependencies across multiple departments.
- Identify risks and apply mitigation techniques to ensure delivery.
You should apply if:
- You have 3- 5 years experience working in project management, preferably in a startup environment.
- You are passionate and experienced in agile/scrum methodology.
- You have excellent leadership skills.
- You are passionate about technology and understand software development lifecycles.
- You like to solve problems and are always looking for ways to improve team performance.
- You know how to keep teams organized and on track.
- You are comfortable in fast paced and complex environments.
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities
- A best place to work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 6 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 6 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool)
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion)
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. ChowNow is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Read Full Job Description