Project Manager (Infrastructure) at Hallmark Labs
Hallmark Labs is a subsidiary of Hallmark Cards, Inc based in Santa Monica, California.
We currently operate two digital subscription services, Hallmark Movies Now and
Hallmark eCards, as well as ongoing initiatives in personalized, print-on-demand
greeting cards. We are a diverse team of innovators, creators and influencers
leveraging Hallmark’s deep experience in creating meaningful connections and
progressing it into the digital age with cutting-edge technology.
Are you great at what you do and passionate about your work? Are you honest and
Are you a self- motivated, go-getter that likes to have fun?
If so, you are in the right place.
Project Manager, Infrastructure
Hallmark Labs is looking for a Project Manager to join its Product team in Santa Monica, CA. Reporting to the Director of Project Management, this position's primary responsibility is to organize and oversee the technical deployment of our cloud-based infrastructure designed to support our SVOD and Digital Greetings product portfolios.
What we're looking for...
You're someone who thrives on the details. You might have worked at large top name companies, but you prefer small nimble companies with tight knit cross-functional teams that focus on getting stellar products to market quickly. You have the skills and experience, but you still love to learn - and you want to work with super talented folks to build great products.
The ideal candidate will have an in-depth understanding of Project Management, Agile Software Development methodologies, and other general project management best practices. Allowing for effective management of multiple concurrent projects. As part of your role, you will:
- Drive effective scrum ceremonies including daily scrum, backlog grooming, sprint planning, demos and retrospectives
- Track and distributing relevant metrics and reports periodically to show team progress and velocity
- Develop and Execute project plans to deliver complex technology projects
- Work cross functionally to prioritize, lead, coach, support, and inspire as needed to support new initiatives.
- Coordinate with 3rd parties / external agencies and collaborators as needed
- Identify, understand, and track impediments; help remove them and drive improvements to optimize how the team works
- Manage risks, scope, dependencies, cost, schedule, and quality. Ensure any changes are documented and approved with project change request forms
- Communicate with regularity project status with stakeholders
- Act as a mediator between stakeholders and project team members
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a related technical field, or additional 4 years' professional experience
- 2 or more years professional project management experience in B2B or B2C technology companies
- 2or more years professional experience with Agile software development practices
- Experience working at tech startups or consumer-facing technology companies, or subscription-based cloud services companies
- Experience working closely with all technical disciplines to complete cloud infrastructure projects using Agile and SDLC methodologies
- Experience being on multiple Scrum teams in a variety of different contexts
- BS/MS in computer science, engineering, or information technology (or equivalent) preferred.
- 2 or more years experience project management for cloud-based products/infrastructure to support multiple consumer facing websites and mobile apps that reply on IaaS, platform, and microservice based architectures
- 2 or more years experience playing Scrum master/Agile Project Manager especially in large programs involving multiple scrum teams
- 2 or more years experience using project management software such as OmniPlan or Microsoft Project
- One or more related certifications such as Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Certified Scrum Practitioner (CSP), Professional Scrum Master (PSM), Project Management Professional (PMP), PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
- Familiar with modern DevOps principles, network theory, modern server & container-based architecture, CI/CD, SDLC best practices and automation tools
- Experience with AWS and advantages of native AWS services
- Experience with Atlassian (JIRA, Confluence) agile tools to measure team productivity and report
- Experience managing external stakeholders and vendors
- Exceptional communication skills both written and in person
- Ability to thrive in a fast-moving environment and work on multiple priorities and/or projects simultaneously without impact to quality of work
This is a progressive role that will be filled at the level based on the skills and experience of the selected candidate. Please include a portfolio/link displaying clear evidence of the elements listed above, if necessary. Be prepared to explain your contribution, process and rationale for the projects you show.
To be considered for this position you must also show how you meet the Basic Qualifications of the job in a resume or document you upload, or by completing the work experience and education application fields. Accepted file types are Microsoft Word (DOC or DOCX), PDF, HTML, or TXT. Individual file size attachment limit is 10 MB.
In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Hallmark Cards, Inc. and its subsidiary companies will hire only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. Hallmark does not generally provide sponsorship for employment. Employment by Hallmark is contingent upon the signing of the Employment Agreement, signing of an agreement to arbitrate in connection with the Hallmark Dispute Resolution Program, completing Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, passing the urinalysis drug screen, education verification and satisfactory reference and background checks.
Excellent medical benefits
401(k) match up to 5%
Life insurance policy for every employee, at no cost
Cell phone and home internet reimbursement
Carpool and parking pass cash-out program
Generous maternity/paternity leave
Employee assistance programs
Fully stocked kitchen with fresh fruit and delicious snacks and beverages
Monthly catered lunches
Soft serve machine 24/7
Great eateries close by, oh, and we’re near the beach!
Massage chairs and bicycles
Onsite free parking
Flexible work hours/work from home
Hallmark Labs is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally-protected status. Principals only please.