Project Manager, Design Engineering at Apeel Sciences
About This Role
Apeel Sciences is seeking an experienced, motivated, resourceful, and detail-oriented Project Manager to work within the Design Engineering team. In this role the Project Manager will own and be responsible for coordinating, tracking, managing timelines and generally ensuring the success of internal engineering projects within the team. Project type is varied but will generally be focused on development, procurement, assembly and testing of electromechanical equipment.
What You'll Do
- Coordinate several, cross-functional projects from planning to completion
- Learn the ins and outs of digital project and knowledge management tools to track, analyze, and archive project-related deliverables, progress, and learnings
- Effectively leverage resources (people and capital) to complete projects economically and expeditiously
- Systematically capture, memorialize and distribute knowledge and internal learnings from assigned projects
- Clearly and effectively communicate (in written and verbal forms) to cross-functional teams
- Provide recommendations to help streamline engineering programs, helping to remove roadblocks and enable others to move forward on their deliverables
- Work effectively to manage and strengthen working relationships among project teams
- Identify deficiencies within the current project management framework and toolset and help the greater engineering team to address challenges and add strategic value
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a scientific or engineering discipline
- At least 3+ years formal work experience in a technical project management role, ideally experienced with engineering product development, from concept through product.
- Excellent knowledge of project management tools such as productivity software, Gantt charts, and knowledge of management databases
- Expert using common Microsoft Office / Google software platforms
- Excellent organizational ability and high attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience working in interdisciplinary teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Apeel believes that the scale of our impact is determined by the teams that work with us. As such, we seek to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have a special need or disability that requires accommodation, please let us know.Please note that Apeel Sciences does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the event of a recruiter or agency submitting a resume or candidate without a signed agreement being in place, we explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire such candidates without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted directly to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Apeel Sciences.