Program Manager at MotorTrend Group
Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendGOpens in New Window
We are MotorTrend.
With a monthly reach of more than 131 million, the MotorTrend Group is the largest automotive media company in the world. Launched with MotorTrend’s iconic magazine 70 years ago, the company now has a global reach that includes MotorTrend TV, the MotorTrend streaming service, MotorTrend.com, and Hot Rod magazine, with franchises that include MotorTrend Car of the Year, Roadkill, Wheeler Dealers, Best Driver’s Car and dozens more. Our portfolio brings together Discovery’s #1 TV network for automotive super fans, with our vast automotive digital platform that includes direct-to-consumer products, websites, apps, social, and live events.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
The Program Manager (full-time, salaried, regular) will help keep the pace of our overall delivery of the company’s expanding digital experience, specifically web, mobile apps, video, OTT, and other emerging platforms. The successful candidate has demonstrated experience in leading the execution of digital products, making sure to keep all stakeholders abreast of progress and issues that might come up. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented and has proven track record of driving agile based software development driven by key user insights and data. Essential duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
· Managing projects focusing on launching new software products and services
· Create and maintain project plans and champion agile development practices
· Planning, leading, organizing and reporting of the agile teams’ work
· Liaising with the Product Owners and technical team
· Agile process manager for the development team
· Contribute to process improvements and efficiencies
· Scrum Master certified is an advantage
· College degree is required.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
· A proven track record of successfully implementing web development projects and native mobile applications (iOS, Android, connected devices) using Agile methods
· 3 years of experience as a project manager, delivery manager and/or scrum master in a software development environment
· Prior experience with Scrum or other Agile methods - Scrum Master certification is desired
· Technically savvy - good understanding of existing technologies, programming languages and frameworks (Node.JS/Java/React/PHP/)
· Analytical skills to be able to solve problems and remove impediments
· Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
· Must have maturity, leadership, sound judgment, and the ability to effectively balance multiple priorities
· Must have high energy and be a strong team player
· A process-oriented disposition is critical
· Proficient with Agile tools like JIRA and Confluence
· The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen.
· Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Programming languages: Node.JS/Java/React/PHP
· Native applications (iOS, android, connected devices)
· Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including but not limited to all local Fair Chance Ordinances.