We’re looking for an experienced and engaging Program Manager with Agile coaching experience who exemplifies what it means to be a servant-leader, a trusted advisor, and a confident mentor to Agile teams. You’ll be joining a growing, global, cross-functional team of engineers, product managers, data scientists, data analysts, expansion strategists, marketing experts, and credit analysts who are solving some really cool problems in the FinTech space. You will use your technical knowledge and experience managing complex programs in building and launching digital products to advance our mission. You are an expert in Agile practices (Scrum and Kanban), and are passionate about unlocking the creative potential of the collective team and clearing blockers for your teams.
- Identify and manage project schedules, dependencies, interactions, and deliverables within and across multiple Agile teams
- Coach cross-functional team members in Agile program and project management best practices
- Guide and lead Scrum ceremonies for multiple teams, escalate and clear impediments blocking progress toward team goals
- Work with the Director of Program Management to build and scale operational best practices to align global teams and individuals with the company’s overall objectives and priorities
- 2-3 years of Program Management experience with proven expertise in Agile methodologies, concepts, practices, and standards
- 2+ years experience leveraging software development and team collaboration tools like JIRA, Confluence, Smartsheet, etc
- Experience managing programs and projects for distributed teams across multiple locations and countries
- Proven ability to coach and mentor others who are learning project management and Agile practices in a replicable, scalable way
- Certification in one or more Agile methodologies (Certified Scrum Master, Certified Scrum Product Owner, SAFe, LeSS, etc)
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Charismatic and energetic communicator with an aptitude to motivate individuals and teams
- Flexibility to respond to changing requirements and juggle multiple responsibilities
- Experience managing projects and coordinating efforts in a scaled Agile environment
- Background in consumer finance, or products servicing users in different geographies and/or spanning timezones
Tala is the leading mobile technology and data science company committed to financial inclusion globally. More than 1.3 million people have borrowed through Tala’s smartphone app, which provides instant credit scoring, lending, and other personalized financial services in emerging markets. Tala has raised more than $105 million from leading venture and impact investors including Revolution, IVP, Ribbit Capital, Data Collective, and Lowercase Capital. Tala’s global team is headquartered in Santa Monica, with additional offices in Nairobi, Manila, Dar Es Salaam, Mexico City, Mumbai, and Bangalore..