To connect the world, we must reflect the world. At Virgin Hyperloop, we’re bringing together unique perspectives, empowering our community to celebrate all voices, and creating equal opportunities to build, grow, and thrive.
WHY WE NEED YOU
As an senior leadership member, you work autonomously to achieve organizational objectives through program execution of scope, schedule, cost, delivery, and quality while demonstrating mastery of program management skills and broad management expertise across various disciplines. You will be accountable to lead complex, global development programs that may span several major domestic and worldwide locations, requiring coordination of technology development and production across locations.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Has responsibility, authority and accountability for the product cost, schedule, and technical scope along with driving critical risk-based decisions throughout program life-cycle.
- Acts as the leader of the Program Management Team and is responsible for progress reporting, risk assessment, risk mitigation and execution of program/technical decisions and objectives.
- Project management: adopts and drives common practices to meet program cost, schedule, quality and technical objectives, including implementing best practices
- Leads a product development program organization consisting of multiple Integrated Product teams to produce complex systems and technologies
- Ensure IPTs (Integrated Product Teams) develop and maintain detailed design, development, integration, and test schedules.
- Interface with functional disciplines as required to drive program execution and resolution of technical issues.
- Works with Program Chief Engineer and Program Team to manage risks, opportunities, issues, and actions
- Leverages expert communication skills to collaborate and drive results
- Provide guidance/coaching to Program Team(s)
- Contribute to strategic programs planning in alignment with larger organizational objectives
WHAT YOU'VE DONE
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or STEM field
- Minimum of 5 years as a Program Manager in product/technology development leading multi-functional teams
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Engineering leadership
- Experience interfacing with external customers, subcontractors, and suppliers
- Demonstrated experience in driving business goals and objectives to completion.
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage time effectively, in a constantly changing environment
- Effective communication & interpersonal skills demonstrated via frequent interactions and collaboration with internal and external groups including suppliers, engineering peers and Leadership
- Demonstrated leadership & team building skills, candidate must be able to lead and motivate cross functional teams as well as have proven experience in a team environment and interfacing successfully across organizational boundaries
NICE TO HAVE
- MBA or Master’s in Engineering Management
- Experience leading complex projects in the technology industry
- Experience working in Integrated Product Team environment
- Experience in Earned Value Management
- Exhibited capability to foster an environment which enables application of continuous improvement, novel thinking, and fresh ideas to business challenges resulting in creative and competitive solutions.
- Familiarity with P&L and basic accounting principles
- Complete product lifecycle experience (Requirements to Field Operations)
- PMI/PMP certification
WHY VIRGIN HYPERLOOP
- Our Benefits: medical (including infertility & mental health), dental, vision, life, FSA, HSA, 401k, and more
- Your Wellbeing: flexible work schedules, unlimited PTO, and 16 weeks of paid parental leave