FloQast is looking for a creative, energetic and collaborative procurement leader to help build out our procurement processes. FloQast procurement partners with internal deal owners to secure all goods and services needed by FloQast. We apply policies that help mitigate risk while allowing for maximum value in our deals. From getting large projects approved and negotiating contracts, to tracking orders and payments, the procurement team helps internal deal owners navigate the journey.
As a Procurement Specialist for FloQast, you will be our first team member solely dedicated to the procurement process. You will be asked to partner with internal stakeholders to research and buy software and products to meet our daily operational needs. This position will have responsibility ranging from daily tactical execution to supporting numerous strategic initiatives relative to vendor management, cost savings and process enhancements. Position will interact heavily with all departments across the company, especially compliance, legal, security and finance. With a strong background in purchasing and supply chain management, this role will help lead the company forward by making suggestions to the procurement process, finding/validating/securing suppliers while ensuring cost, quality, and delivery on all purchased materials. This role will also consider usage of vendors across departments to support cost savings initiatives such as reduction in software redundancies and efficiencies in software/systems. We are looking for an astute, analytical, relationship builder who is an experienced negotiator and dealmaker.
*Visa sponsorship is NOT available at this time
- Researching and comparing suppliers, goods, and services.
- Selecting the most suitable suppliers in terms of reliability, product quality, compliance, security and cost-efficiency.
- Requesting quotes, negotiating prices, and creating purchase orders.
- Building and maintaining positive, long term supplier relations.
- Work with internal stakeholders to select and implement a new procurement software.
- Any other tasks that may be assigned to help the company meet its goals.
Desired Qualities and Skills:
- 5-7 years of experience in a similar role.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field preferred.
- Experience with cloud service/SaaS agreements, and software licenses.
- Experience with supporting people/teams remotely.
- Demonstrate ability to drive efficiency and think strategically with contract management systems and/or workflows.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively cross-functionally.
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to manage conflicting priorities efficiently.
- Have a solution-oriented approach with a focus on practical risk assessment.
- High level of organization, detail orientation and ability to time-manage across multiple deadlines in an entrepreneurial, fast paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Implementation of procurement systems experience preferred.
About FloQast www.floqast.com
Recognized as a 2020 Technology Fast 500 by Deloitte, FloQast is the leader in accounting workflow automation created by accountants for accountants to work smarter, not harder. The cloud-based, AI-enhanced software is trusted by more than 1,000 accounting teams, including those at Lyft, Twilio, Instacart, Zoom and The Golden State Warriors—and proud to be rated #1 across all user review sites. By automating common accounting workflows and helping to streamline and make them more efficient, FloQast is the place where accounting teams want to work so they can focus on what matters most, even when that’s just going home on time. Whether automating reconciliations, documentation requests or other workflows such as the month-end close, financial reporting or payroll, FloQast enhances the way accounting teams already work to help them work smarter. Learn more at floqast.com.
- We are fanatics about the success of our customers. Check us out on G2 Crowd
- We are equally fanatic about creating and maintaining a fabulous culture of support and success for all employees. Check us out on Glassdoor
- We are moving quickly and there is a huge upside opportunity in terms of career growth
- FloQast offers competitive compensation, stock options, full benefits, and a positive and supportive work environment
-Named Inc's Best Workplaces in 2021
- Named among Best Places to Work by LA Business Journal in 2020, 2019, 2018 and 2017
- Ranked #10 on The SaaS 1000
FloQast, Inc is committed to operating fair and unbiased recruitment procedures allowing all applicants an equal opportunity for employment, free from discrimination on the basis of religion, race, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, color, ethnic or national origin, or any other classification as may be protected by applicable law. We aim to recruit the right people for the jobs we have to offer, and to assess applications on the basis of relevant skills, education, and experience. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and strive to provide a professional and welcoming workplace for all employees.