Postmates Live Event Coordinator (Freelance) at Postmates Inc.
Postmates enables anyone to have just about anything on-demand. We pioneered the on-demand space and currently serve 3500+ cities with a fleet of more than 350,000 Postmates and the largest network of merchants in the US. We’re changing the landscape of commerce by making cities our warehouses, providing the delivery infrastructure, and connecting our customers to any product, anywhere, anytime. Postmates isn’t just an app, it’s a way of life and a part of pop culture. We are the O.G. of on-demand and we’ve given people a new superpower — the ability to Postmate anything from anywhere. We’re building a movement to make Postmates a verb: Postmate it.WHAT WE DO
The Postmates Live team is responsible for managing and growing the Postmates brand by telling the Postmates story at scale in engaging and innovative ways. We are a high-energy team with a passion for people, culture, brand, progressive policy making and great storytelling. If you’d like to belong to one of the country’s most dynamic and forward thinking teams, come tell us your story.YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
As a member of this team, you’ll work closely with the Sr Manager of Events Marketing as well as the broader brand and communications teams to develop and execute consumer-facing activations for major music festivals. You must be an experiential marketing pro, who also happens to be a team player that can work in a fast-paced environment. You are a creative thinker, love getting into and managing the details and are obsessed with the flawless execution of industry-leading events.
- Assist with producing flawless consumer events that are creative, unique and that bring Postmates to life in new and unexpected ways
- Work hand-in-hand with cross-functional partners to drive alignment between event goals, messaging, and measurable outcomes
- Assist with all aspects of on-site operations, including point of sale, brand ambassador management, stunt activations, etc.
- Maintain and update all team playbook documents daily
- Assist with ordering swag and supplies while tracking expenses and budget impact
- Organizing team logistics such as catering, transportation, equipment, promotional materials etc.
- Pack and inventory all equipment and manage shipping logistics
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the event day
- 3+ years professional events/experiential experience
- Well-versed in G Suite
- Proven success working with cross functional teams and external partners
- Ability to work well under pressure with tight deadlines
- Excellent eye for detail
- Proven success in working on multiple events simultaneously
- Eager to learn and be a team player
- Track expenses regularly
- Very strong written and verbal communication
- Willing to travel for out of town events
- Willing to work nights and weekends as needed
Start Date: March 2, 2020
End Date: June 31, 2020