Marketing Manager - Rewards & Membership Program at sweetgreen
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
Drive the creation, implementation, and management of innovative and 'best in class' benefits and initiatives for the sweetgreen Rewards program and sweetgreen membership program, with an eye on improving the customer experience and a laser-focus on increasing customer/membership retention, purchase frequency, brand engagement, and lifetime value. The five major areas of responsibility are Program Management, Program Strategy, Project Leadership, Program Effectiveness Measurement+ Reporting, and Research.
Essential Job Functions:
- Operate as the primary business owner for the sweetgreen Rewards program. Deliver a new program that will differentiate sweetgreen from the competitors and reinforce our Fast Company “Most Innovate” rating.
- Similarly, operate as the primary business owner for the soon-to-be developed sweetgreen membership program.
- Effectively manage the ongoing programs as released working with cross-functional partners to implement and optimize.
- Develop new program features, promos & initiatives to deliver against program KPI's and lead the successful roll out across all customer touchpoints (stores, site, CRM, mobile, social, partners).
- Expand the reach/value of the programs to drive ongoing customer acquisition, encourage active program participation, and encourage lapsed members to re-engage.
- Work with Performance Marketing/CRM to plan, strategize and manage all core program communications (digital and physical), including lifecycle and reward notification series, as well as member online account experience, and in-store collateral/touchpoints. Must have familiarity with digital channel operations including SMS, push, email, interstitials, etc. Responsible for implementing automated and high-touch personalization efforts.
- Lead cross-functional implementations and program enhancements partnering with internal groups from CRM, Brand Marketing, Creative, Finance, Restaurant Operations, Training, Customer Experience, Digital, IT and Analytics, as well as any external partners and vendors.
- Develop and roll out timely training materials for customer-facing team members.
- Partner for Design and rollout of new onboarding and digital/UX experience for members including site and app updates. Collaborate with the technology teams to define features and data requirements, and user stories to build and enhance the customer experience across all stages.
- Oversee our member refer-a-friend program and its performance.
- Develop and maintain reporting and analysis to deliver actionable insights to measure program/initiative performance, and inform future plans and program initiatives. Includes quantitative purchase behavior analysis as well as attitudinal metrics such as CSAT/Program NPS.
- Be THE authority on the in-market member experience, including maintaining marketing calendars, collateral samples, and local events.
- Contribute to annual planning, budgeting, and monthly re-forecasting for the program.
- Be the face of the program to members, including VIP segments (attendance at some events may be required). Symbiotically, be the voice of members, articulating what they find delightful and where program needs further development.
- Cultivate exceptional guest experiences for the high worth customer segments.
- Build relationships with customers to drive sign-ups along with email capture.
- Coordinate with legal and ensure all customer-facing materials are up to date and compliant.
- Administer customer membership in program administrative platforms and make updates to accounts when necessary. Follow all PII protective measures.
- Recommend and report to management schedule, feature, and resource prioritization and status across projects.
- The position will have high visibility to marketing and company leadership. Strong presentation skills and the ability to lead informed debate on all aspects will be critical along with strong influencing skills and a demonstrated ability to collaborate across functional lines are required.
- Conduct competitive research; identify and implement best practices from our industry and beyond; think outside of the box.
- Supervisory Responsibility: No direct, administrative supervisory responsibility. However, the incumbent works cross-functionally, which requires the ability to lead projects, appropriately exert influence, build consensus/alignment across teams and achieve measurable results without direct authority.
- Interacts professionally and effectively through verbal and written communication. Rare blend of highly analytical/tech savvy but extroverted and gregarious.
- Independently prioritizes and accomplishes multiple tasks within established timeframes and through the work of the team. Values the differences of others, yet drives initiatives forward.
- Customer obsessed – loves thinking up sweet touches to surprise and delight.
- Strong technical, creative and analytical approach to solving problems. Highly organized.
- Ability to adapt quickly to rapidly changing business conditions.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 5+ years of reward or subscription program experience that included technological/marketing platform competency (e.g. CRM software applications).
- Must have track record of excelling in customer-focused role.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver reward strategies that link directly to improved business performance.
- Highly proficient in effective communication strategies that reinforce program value propositions. Previous responsibility for design and execution of programs across multiple communication channels including in-store messaging, direct mail, e-mail, social media, web.
- Experience motivating teams - sustaining collaborative relationships at multiple levels in the company.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-changing dynamic environment with many different stakeholders.
- Ability to maintain composure and excellent customer/client relations under all circumstances.
- High level of understanding about how data works and an ability to manipulate data using a variety of tools including Microsoft Excel and Access. Knowledge of web/digital analytics.
- BA or BS degree, preferably in Marketing/Quantitative Field or Business Administration. MBA preferred. Must have basic P&L literacy.
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Our annual Impact Retreat offsite
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.