Manager of Proposal Development at Relativity Space
Team and Role Overview:
Relativity is creating the first autonomous rocket factory. Our vision is to build the future of humanity in space -- starting with rockets. We have an ambitious mission, and we understand that it takes a team to achieve it.
The Sales and Marketing Team’s goal is to capture government and commercial contracts. This role will be specifically responsible for leading the development of responses to government requests for proposal, government requests for information, and commercial requests for proposal. This role will also support the sales team by developing marketing aids that will help tell the Relativity story and mission.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives:
Relativity is working to accelerate the advancement of space transportation—this person will help us achieve this goal by leading the development of clear and compelling proposals to maximize our chances of winning new business across government and commercial customers. The main focus of this role will be in leading the development of each proposal while building our processes and tools from the ground up—reducing the workload required on each subsequent proposal.
This role will face many aggressive deadlines—working all across a company to collect information for each proposal. The Manager of Proposal Development is also responsible for writing proposals which reflect all 4 of our corporate values (Wonder, Humankind, Audacity, Relentlessness).
On a day to day, you will be managing the development of proposals by 1) developing and tracking the schedule that identifies the required resources to support the proposal development 2) developing initial drafts based on prior work to ensure we’re leveraging as much prior work as possible 3) ensuring we are consistent in tone and style.
You should have a demonstrated ability to work autonomously while dealing with tight schedules and significant ambiguity. You are also a great communicator, team player, and/or have high mechanical aptitude (you will be translating dense engineering text into clear and concise writing.)
At the end of the day, you are a strong team player who has the ability to motivate peers to provide support and stay on schedule as needed.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor's degree in related field (business, marketing, engineering) preferred, other degrees such as Communication, Journalism, and English are acceptable.
- A strong understanding of the US Government’s request for proposal process
- Ability to work under tight deadlines while developing high quality, technically compliant proposals.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to manage multiple priorities/tasks, and possess strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop standard processes and related documentation
- Strong and effective communication, writing, and computer skills are essential.
- Advanced user in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- Ideal candidates possess 9+ years of experience in a marketing role within the Aerospace industry.
- Demonstrated ability to perform industry research and competitive assessments
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.