Manager Commercial Partner Analytics at Universal Music Group
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
The Manager, Commercial Partners Analytics will directly support Commercial Partnerships team with, planning and market intelligence. Responsible for developing communication, collection, organization, and analysis of pertinent data to positively impact revenue and marketplace decisions. The ideal candidate should have both qualitative and quantitative experience as well as deep knowledge and solid understanding of the business models and best practices prevalent in today's business.
How you'll CREATE:
- Using internal and external systems to develop analytics & forecasts that inform effective revenue initiatives on an artist and release basis leading to market level & commercial decisions.
- Successfully manage relationship and shared goals with home office, labels and partner teams.
- Artist and title-specific reporting and action-oriented planning
- Comprehensive recap of consumption results
- Streaming and Promotional event analysis
- Manage analysis requests with labels and internal analysis teams
- Communicate trends, success, opportunities, and data-driven recommendations to UMG senior stakeholders and label partners
- Revenue focused responsibilities:
- Forecasting and identifying Artist and release opportunities on a granular data-centric level.
- Compiling and reporting key revenue information and account trends.
- Strategizing with labels on specific new releases, market level events and partner programs
- Identify opportunities and guide execution of social media outreach and playlisting strategy with label, partner and content providers.
Bring your VIBE:
- 5+ years working in digital project management, client needs, budgets, and creative deliverables.
- Experience working within a fast-paced creative environment, preferably within the music or retail industries.
- Background in pitching new business, specifically in a creative field.
- Experience managing creative professionals or teams in a similar setting
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage individuals and teams, including many different personalities.
- Ability to comfortably manage multiple project deadlines and requirements simultaneously in an incredibly fast-paced environment.
- High-level understandings of the design and development process for social graphics, video editing and motion graphics, merchandise design, ecommerce store development, and websites.
- Ability to quickly and calmly react to changing client needs and deadlines, both internal and external.
- Adept problem solver; ability to come up with inventive solutions on the fly.
- Ability to work well with different personalities and stakeholders both internally and externally to produce results for clients.
- Experience setting and managing project budgets and revenue projections.
- Experience assembling quarterly department reports.
- Collaborative, detail-oriented, analytical thinker who is able to quickly and calmly react to changing needs and deadlines.
- Expert-level organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills-client communication skills are essential.
- High level of comfort presenting to groups both over the phone and in person.
- Basic proficiency of Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Mac OS
- Proficiency with Basecamp and/or Monday.com is a major plus
What's in it For You?
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, "Gift Week", Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.