Junior Project Coordinator
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
Birds Vehicle Strategy Team is responsible for assessing new technologies, adapting existing technologies and ensuring products conform to all relevant safety, environmental & functional certifications across a breadth of Bird business applications. We support the entire company whenever they are preparing to launch vehicles in to new markets within the US and globally. Vehicle Strategy also brings in new suppliers and manages all vendors to ensure they conform to Birds strict quality management system and performance specifications. R&D as a greater team has a large number of special projects in the pipeline ranging from small electro-mechanical devices to complete state of the art vehicle systems that will need to be implemented throughout the bird business model.
Bird is looking for a talented and motivated Junior Project Coordinator who will be in charge of assisting our Project Managers in organizing our ongoing interdepartmental projects. This task involves developing and monitoring project plans, schedules, work hours, budgets, and expenditures. In addition, this position will be responsible for organizing and actively participating in stakeholder meetings to ensure that project deadlines are met in a timely manner and all action items are followed up on.
Reporting to Vehicle Strategy’s Sr. Project Manager you will need to be able to work on tight deadlines, be competent in using Google Suite, Microsoft Office 365, Jira, Confluence and have exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Developing, maintaining and monitoring project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets and expenditures.
- Organizing, attending and participating in stakeholder meetings.
- Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
- Preparing necessary presentation materials for meetings.
- Ensuring project deadlines are met.
- Determining project changes.
- Providing administrative support as needed.
- Undertaking project tasks as required.
- Developing project strategies.
- Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project.
- Assess project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable.
- Ensure stakeholder views are managed towards the best solution.
- Chair and facilitate meetings where appropriate and distribute minutes to all project team members.
- Create a project management calendar for fulfilling each goal and objective.
- 2 to 4 Years’ Experience in a project coordinator capacity
- Understanding of Waterfall, Agile and Kaizen Project Management Strategies
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to be able to prioritize tasks according the priorities of cross-functional team initiatives.
- Working knowledge of project planning tools.
- Competency in Google Suite, Microsoft Office 365, JIRA & Confluence.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines.
- Experience working in and around an engineering environment
- Familiarity of industry standard certifications pertaining to dangerous goods, EV, cellular, and BT regulatory and quality management systems
- Experience working within AutoCAD
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
- A strong desire to implement state-of-the-art engineering products across various business platforms as an integral part of a very capable team
- A flair for creative problem solving
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.
Read Full Job Description