International Launcher (Middle-East)
Greater LA Area
Bird is a last-mile electric vehicle sharing company dedicated to bringing safe, low-cost, environmentally-friendly transportation solutions to communities across the world. We provide a fleet of electric, shared scooters that can be accessed via smartphone. Bird is headquartered in Venice, California and is rapidly expanding across the country and the world.
Bird is seeking a passionate International Launcher to join our team. Being a Launcher at Bird involves working in a cross-functional team that embraces every aspect of the business, works across operations, product, community, partnerships and government relations. As an International Launcher at Bird, you will help Bird develop to new countries and chaperon from end-to-end the initial operations of each markets that you are accountable for. You will be able to assess, adapt and communicate effectively the country specificities to HQ. The right person is a true problem solver, a entrepreneur, outgoing and will be able to function in an environment requiring the ability to perform business development, market operation, government relations and whatever else may come up to make a new market succeed. Our Launchers are true swiss army knives with a multitude of skills. If you are this international hustler, who fancies a fast-paced, changing and challenging environment this role is a great fit for you.
What You’ll Do
- Travel to new markets and oversee the entire Bird launch as the primary point of contact for our community of chargers and mechanics, local businesses, government officials and community organizations
- Build a launch plan, involving research and data sources, for every market that you will be responsible for
- Monitor your launch country’s metrics and develop actionable insights to improve the efficiency and performance of a brand-new country
- Set-up the local operations team from scratch and ensure good communication with Bird’s HQ
- Oversee the proper delivery of all vehicles while in market
- Communicate new market insights to assist our leadership team and HQ on an ongoing basis
What You'll Need
- 5+ years of relevant work - Entrepreneurial experience, finance, consulting
- Fluent in Arabic and English are a must
- Strong track record of excellence in execution and thriving when given autonomy
- Demonstrated ability to think outside the box and solve problems in ambiguous environments
- Experience in a cross-functional role
- An analytical mindset. The ability to assess a market, pull insights from the metrics you’ve been tracking, and execute a plan to improve
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A team player who is constantly looking to teach and learn from others
Bird Rides Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer, and we welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Read Full Job Description