Internal Communications Strategist
Bird is a last-mile electric vehicle sharing company dedicated to bringing safe, low-cost, environmentally-friendly transportation solutions to communities across the world. We provide a fleet of electric, shared scooters that can be accessed via smartphone. Bird is headquartered in Venice, California and is rapidly expanding across the country and the world.
As an Internal Communications Strategist, you are responsible for developing and executing exceptional communications strategy for internal teams across Bird, leading internal product campaigns, and supporting in the development and maintenance of internal platforms and channels.
You're a messaging expert who can craft and direct comms for clarity, purpose, and intent. When others in the organization need advice and support for their communications challenges, you'll be a trusted consult. The best comms strategists strive to deeply understand their customers so they can speak their language and communicate with empathy.
What You'll Do
- Generate exceptional communications strategies, drive and augment direction, and lead execution
- Act as an expert communications craftsperson and parter for teams, including crafting and directing Bird-facing communications for clarity, purpose, and intent
- Discover, analyze, and understand international office pain points, and then develop new communications solutions for a co-located, multicultural, and global organization
- Prioritize your work based on business needs
- Help your business partners in recognizing and prioritizing wider communications goals
- Track your own personal growth and actively seek learning opportunities
- Act as a go-to consult for other communications team members; offering valuable feedback and knowledge based on experience
- Collaborate with HRIS and other technical teams to support communication technology development
What You'll Have
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of professional experience
- 2+ years of internal communications experience
What You'll Need
- Experience developing, executing, and leading internal communications strategies for a growing organization
- Proven ability to craft effective company-wide communications
- Experience developing communications strategies for employees in satellite offices or working remote, accounting for factors such as time zones, geographic region, or country
- Experience collaborating with business stakeholders and balancing competing priorities
- Product-centric mindset with the ability to shape communications that will encourage the user to act
- Experience developing content created with a specific end-goal or purpose in mind
- Experience in consulting, either in-house or at an agency
- Knowledge of the challenges related to small and medium-sized business
- Capable of multitasking and quickly changing from one project or task to another
Bird Rides Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer, and we welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Read Full Job Description