Hospitality Project Manager - Saatchi Art at Leaf Group
Saatchi Art is the world’s leading online art gallery, established with the goal of helping people all over the world connect with art and artists they love. We offer an unparalleled selection of paintings, drawings, sculpture, and photography in a wide range of prices, and provide artists worldwide with an expertly curated environment in which to exhibit and sell their work. Based in Los Angeles, Saatchi Art is redefining the experience of buying and selling art, making it welcoming and accessible for artists and collectors alike.
Leaf Group is a house of brands, creating and cultivating digital-first companies in growing lifestyle categories: Fitness & Wellness (Well+Good, Livestrong.com); Home & Decor (Hunker, Society6, Deny Designs), and Art & Design (Saatchi Art, The Other Art Fair). Additionally, we have performance focused brands in key categories such as Travel, Pets, and DIY (OnlyInYourState, Cuteness, eHow). Our media and marketplace brands are authentic and authoritative, reaching a large and growing passionate audience.
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. We look for proactive, accountable people focused on continuous learning and growth to push themselves and our businesses forward. Check us out here.
We are looking for a Hospitality Project Manager to help us build our hospitality art advisory business.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for a Hospitality Project Manager grows with us. Must be US based.
You’ll Report To: Chief Curator and VP, Art Advisory
As Hospitality Project Manager you will work closely with our hospitality art advisors, artists and suppliers, and you will project manage approved artworks through specification, quoting, sourcing, procurement and production. You will create deal sheets, write specs, and work with vendors.
A typical day as a Hospitality Project Manager might include:
- Hospitality vendor, fabricator, and project management
- Writing and reviewing specs and deal sheets
- Working with framing partners, vendors and factories, and negotiating contracts with them
- Project management through all phases of design and delivery
- Maintain consistent reporting of all projects
- Maintaining profit margin
- Handling purchase requisitions (quotes, vendor evaluation, order process)
You’ll be successful if you are extremely detail-oriented and have exceptional project management skills.
What You Have:
- Prior experience in handling purchase requisitions, negotiating contracts, vendor management, and process improvement required
- Strong reporting and analytical skills
- Proficient in Excel, Salesforce and using spreadsheets and data
- Art background or passion in fine art is a plus, but not required
- Incredible attention to detail
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to effectively resolve problems and/or roadblocks as they occur, and know when to escalate
- Possess a take-charge attitude, enjoy being a creative thinker and a team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats - no job being too small or too large.
- We're casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. A pleasant and supportive demeanor goes a long way.
What We Have:
- eHow is the 2019 & 2020 People's Choice and official Webby Winner for Social Video/How To-DIY
- Well+Good is the 2019 People's Choice winner of the Webby’s Award for Best Lifestyle Brand
- Leaf Group is among TalentDesk’s 2019 Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among the 2019 Built In LA Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among Comparably's 2018 Best Companies in Los Angeles
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages (i.e., Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401K)
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.