Growth Project Management Lead at Aspiration
| Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:40 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, October 8, 2019
At Aspiration, we created the category of sustainable, socially responsible retail consumer finance. We offer unique financial products to let people save, spend, and invest their money in ways that make them more financially secure and align with their personal values. Unlike other financial institutions, Aspiration is committed to building a relationship with our customers based on trust and aligning the customer’s success with our own. Aspiration has raised over $115M in funding to date, and is growing quickly.
We are looking for a driven Project Management Lead who can thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on supporting development teams that deliver applications and services supporting our Growth team. We are seeking candidates who are proactive, self-starters and have a proven track record of delivering world-class products, preferably in data intensive organizations.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering Leads to establish prioritization, planning and execution process that ensures delivery of projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Identify and quickly resolve changes in scope, schedules and resource requirements Identify and communicate risks; work with subject matter experts to develop and implement risk mitigation plans.
- Own communications, ensure Senior Leadership, business stakeholders, and the broader organization are in the know regarding project statuses, risks and timelines.
- Maintain accurate project and capacity plans and up-to-date project assets and metrics.
- Coordinate with interdependent teams within department, aligning roadmaps and deliverables to meet deadlines.
- Establish and develop relationships and partnerships with internal and external team members.
- Understand and maintain focus on business value and KPIs projects are seeking to impact
- Possesses understanding in the areas of web application programming, content management systems, API, database and system design
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience in advanced BI/analytics, digital marketing skills preferred.
- 5-7 years of experience in Agile Project Management, preferably in data intensive organization
- Experience collaborating with engineers, designers, growth teams, data analysts/scientists to ship successful products
- Ability to think systemically to create and refine business processes
- Strong desire to understand and revolutionize the financial industry
- High customer empathy and a passion for helping others to succeedStartup/tech company experience a plus
- Certification in one or more project management frameworks (CSM, PMP, etc.) required or applicable experience managing a BI or DW team with direct responsibility for delivery of business value.
- Demonstrated experience establishing Agile Project Management process within an existing team
- Demonstrated experience with large-scale, complex, cross discipline technology projects, including scope definition, schedule development and management, communications and stakeholder engagement activities
- Working knowledge of both Jira and Confluence a plus
What You'll Get
- Making an impact for a company with a mission of transforming the financial industry and the lives of millions
- Competitive salary and equity incentives
- Robust healthcare plans, 401K and unlimited vacation time
- Dog-friendly office in beautiful Marina del Rey with an in-office gym
- Diverse & inclusive culture
Read Full Job Description