Global Logistics Supervisor
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
iHerb is one of the leading global e-commerce retailers with its emphasis on Nutritional and Wellness products. Our mission is simple…providing the best overall value for natural products through "e-simplicity." Our values can be best defined as an environment in constant and continuous pursuit to conscientiously meet the needs of our customers, business partners, and team members while doing our part to safeguard the environment.
- Oversee iHerb Logistics team to ensure that they adhere to shipping policies and procedures while working with transportation vendors.
- Provide leadership, direction and feedback to iHerb Logistics team.
- Manage and coordinate staff’s workload and capacity to ensure tasks are being completed in a timely manner.
- Facilitate and maintain necessary training to applicable team members.
- Maintain proactive communication with team members.
- Support Director of iHerb Logistics in developing team members.
- Ensure transportation movements are met in a timely manner.
- Prepare weekly activity and pricing reports for the Chief Operating Officer of iHerb Logistics.
- Work closely with Director of iHerb Logistics on strengthening assigned vendor relationships with focus on continuous improvement in pricing and services
- Work closely with Director of iHerb Logistics to resolve issues and complaints from internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure shipments meet vendors, governments, and other related organizations’ regulations and compliance requirements
- Support managing dangerous good shipments in accordance with regulations
- Support managing global HTS codes file
- Manage the team’s overtime and PTO requests
- Facilitate and participate with adhoc special projects
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience working in an e-Commerce environment
- Ability to manage logistics related inquiries and invoicing issues
- Familiar with a variety of the logistics concepts, practices and procedures
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks simultaneously
- Ability to lead and direct the work of the team while fostering a positive environment for the team members
- Possesses good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to analyze and evaluate information to select optimal solutions
- Experience in compiling, coding, categorizing, calculating, tabulating, auditing and verifying information and data
- Ability to handle complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts or otherwise negotiating with others
- Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize and accomplish required tasks
- Experience with managing and developing team members and their career growth
- Must be Bilingual in one of the following languages: Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Arabic, Russian, Spanish, German, French and/or Portuguese
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of GSuite: Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Meet, etc.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Requires a minimum of three (3) years of experience in a logistics environment with deep knowledge of transportation economics and supply chain. Generally also requires a minimum of one (1) year of direct management experience
- Bachelor's degree in business or logistics or in a related field required or equivalent work experience.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!