Global Logistics Specialist (Bilingual)
The Global Logistics Specialist will coordinate, in English and Chinese, with various international logistics companies to ensure international outbound shipments are processed fast and economically.
- Serve as subject matter expert demonstrating in-depth knowledge of market, culture, logistics-related regulations and policies, clearance procedures, etc. for the assigned lanes and carriers.
- Set-up new and continually improve existing processes for the assigned lanes and carriers.
- Perform research work, gather and analyze data for assigned lanes and projects
- Actively identify and scope new opportunities to improve how we serve customers and business processes
- Report any discrepancies of damaged or lost shipments, customs issues, and work with logistics vendors to ensure shipments are properly sent to their correct destination and on time
- Maintain freight expenses for assigned lanes and review invoices. Report any changes or billing issues with the department management team and Accounting Department
- Research lost shipments, broken items and track items between custom brokers and iHerb Logistics
- Manage lead times for assigned lanes and investigate delays with Global Logistics Freight Forwarding team, logistics carriers and customs brokers daily to ensure timely flow of the shipments
- Be responsible for trouble-shooting customs and any logistics related issues
- Perform audits to review logistics processes for the management team when needed
- Organize, maintain, and update website content for assigned lanes
- Translate documents
- Attend corporate meetings when translation is necessary
- Support special projects when needed
The duties and responsibilities described above may provide only a partial description of this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all aspects of the job. Other duties and responsibilities not outlined in this document may be added as necessary or desirable, with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills – must be able to speak, read and write in the native country’s language
- Listening skills
- Problem analysis and problem-solving
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to take accountability for assigned lanes and assigned project deliverables
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Stress tolerance
- Excellent organization skills and ability to effectively multi-task
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of GSuite: Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Meet, etc.
Generally requires a minimum of two (2) years of related experience.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field preferred, or a combination of education and equivalent work experience.