Global Forwarding Coordinator (GFC) will manage all air freight forwarding and trucking activities. This position is responsible for coordinating daily transportation services for domestics and international shipments. This person will operate in a rapidly expanding, high energy and fast paced environment.
- Supports the Sr. Global Forwarding Manager in managing activities with airlines, air forwarders, trucking companies, ground operations, warehouse operations and global logistics
- Schedule and monitor transportation-related activities including pickups from designated warehouses and deliveries to departure airports in the U.S. on a daily basis
- Maintain adequate driver coverage when required for weekdays, weekends, and holidays
- Work with various internal and external parties and manager international air export bookings and schedules
- Manage international air movements with a sense of urgency. Ensure correct, on time departure and arrival, undamaged, low cost shipping requirements are met for international air shipments
- Report and resolve capacity issues or delays by working with various air freight forwarders and logistics vendors. Escalate to Global Forwarding Management if issues can’t be resolved timely
- Keep record of each shipment, review AWBs and report any discrepancies
- Develop and maintain reliable carriers to achieve timely performance
- Identify root cause of issues that may arise, then suggest and implement corrective actions to prevent issues from recurring
- Prepare accurate shipping reports for upper management on a daily basis
- Identify opportunities to enhance Global Logistics Freight Forwarding practices and implement consistent processes across the organization
- Perform other tasks and project as assigned by the Global Logistics Freight Forwarding Manager
The duties and responsibilities described above may provide only a partial description of this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all aspects of the job. Other duties and responsibilities not outlined in this document may be added as necessary or desirable, with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in software skills, including Word and Excel
- Ability to work with little supervision and track multiple processes
- Outstanding organizational and coordination abilities
- Detail oriented: attention to accuracy in this role is vital
- Must have a very strong sense of responsibility for completing tasks and achieving goals
- Ability to apply knowledge of quality; resolve practical operational problems and deal with a variety oof situations in a high pressure environment
- Ability to self-motivate, work as a team player, and work in a fast paced environment.
- Continuous improvement
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Google Business Suite (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms) preferred
- Experience with WMS, Asana preferred
- 3+ or more years of experience in Air Freight Forwarding industry
- Understanding of business processes and operational workflows
- Understanding of logistics related terminology
- Bilingual is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or equivalent experience required.
Please Note: At this time we are not offering any employer-sponsored work authorization.