Engineering Program Manager at VideoAmp
Are you someone who is eager to challenge the traditional norms common in the workplace and envision new employee experience? Do you dream about helping organizations grow and individuals realize their full potential at work and beyond?
If you describe yourself as someone passionate about people and eager to break the mold on the traditional way of working, this is the job for you! VideoAmp is on a mission to create the best employee and workplace experience where people can bring their whole self to work every day. We believe that accomplishing something great requires a special group of people who work hard, drive results and have a blast while doing it - people who challenge the status quo and embody our values. People who say “I’ll find a way” instead of saying “it can’t be done.”
The VideoAmp Central Operations team is looking for an Engineering Program Manager who will be responsible for partnering with engineering, product and business stakeholders to deliver software and data solutions. If you are passionate about all things data and tech, you have experience and love working in a fast-paced agile environment, and you are a rockstar at Program Management - this is the role for you!. This role is based at VideoAmp HQ in Santa Monica, CA.
- Manage all aspects of the project for product development, operating under an agile methodology
- Work with product, engineering and design teams to estimate, build and implement features
- Manage team’s priorities with sprints on JIRA, Confluence and other project management tools
- Proactively solve day-to-day problems and exercise good judgment, including the determination of when to escalate issues
- Champion the agile mindset helping teams identify iterative ways to deliver both product value and team improvements
- Foster trusting team dynamics including healthy, honest debate among team members.
- Help teams measure, understand and analyze their velocity, lead time and cycle times, making them visible and identifying bottlenecks to improve delivery.
- Responsible for driving continuous improvement practices in the team and peer teams
- Facilitate effective planning sessions, helping teams identify highest value work to prioritize and deliver.
- Facilitate constructive stand-ups helping move the team towards their shared goals
- Facilitate retrospectives which result in concrete changes team will make, and hold teams accountable for trying their ideas
- Understand and assess critical paths and dependencies for delivering and shipping products and facilitate discussions between agile teams, and across the business
- Perform risk management planning, identification, analysis, responses, monitoring and control on a project. Increase probability of positive results.
- Establish success measures/product/feature KPIs and prepare statistics, KPI and trend reports
- Evaluate existing processes and procedures. Make recommendations and drive process improvement and adoption of best practices (processes, tools, etc.) to improve team efficiency and effectiveness
- Work with engineering squads to identify risks and opportunities across multiple projects within the department
You’ll need 5+ years of Program Management and:
- As an Engineering Program Manager you’ll lead agile teams to deliver VideoAmp’s initiatives. To be successful in this role, the leader will need to build respect and excellent working relationships with multiple teams within VideoAmp.
- Ability to operate in an Agile environment
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams through influence versus direct management; excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to review and improve on existing processes to be more effective while obtaining support & buy-in from teams and executive leadership.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; strong bias towards data-based decision making.
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail
- Thorough understanding of program management techniques and methods.
- Agile certifications, and experience working in a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) is a plus
- Experience analyzing Linear and/or Digital Ad Data (ideally both) to drive actionable insights that change business outcomes is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
- Unlimited paid time off each year
- Annual vacation stipend
- Onsite gym, fitness classes and personal trainer
- Casual dress code
- Kitchen stocked with healthy snack snacks
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- Parental leave
- Epic growth
At VideoAmp, we believe in challenging advertising paradigms to maximize value for clients. We do this by enabling companies to execute on business outcomes across their media investment instead of more traditional media metrics. VideoAmp is the software and data solutions company powering the convergence of the linear TV and digital video advertising. Our solutions connect linear TV viewership with addressable data assets to benefit the marketing and media industries. This enable marketers and content owners to holistically plan, transact, and measure deduplicated audiences across digital video, OTT, connected and linear TV advertising.
Come and join us!