Engagement Manager at NuORDER
| Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:03 p.m. (PST) on Tuesday, February 4, 2020
NuORDER is a venture-backed, B2B eCommerce technology company revolutionizing the way the $130 billion wholesale business is done. Since 2011, we’ve offered a platform to empower brands and retailers to conduct their business in a smarter, modern, more efficient way and 100% online. We’re digitizing the buying process and currently partnering with over 1,200 brands and 500,000 retailers within different verticals to provide a central place to browse different products and catalogs, access up-to-the-minute sales and inventory data, and place orders any time of day, even via mobile.
Professional Services staff engage in onboarding, data integration, and consulting projects for customers and partners of NuORDER. Reporting into the Sr. Director of Services, the Engagement Manager is responsible for the scoping and execution of these engagements. Responsibilities include clarifying and evangelizing NuORDER’s features and capabilities, determining appropriate initiatives for a given customer, scoping and pricing engagements, and ultimately delivering solutions on time and within budget. Additionally, you will act as a change agent helping customers understand how their current wholesaling and B2B processes can be improved and the benefits of replacing their current tools with NuORDER. This position manages the overall service delivery and serves as the primary escalation point and customer sponsor. Your success will derive from your superior communication skills, solution expertise, customer centricity, high degree of organization, and ability to thrive in a fast-paced cross-functional team environment. This position can be based in our Los Angeles or New York City office.
- Understand B2B eCommerce, wholesale retailing, and merchandising principles and have the ability to articulate how the NuORDER solution facilitates best practices
- Collaborate with sales and account management teams to thoroughly understand and document customers’ business goals and develop and propose solution engagements that will exceed expectations
- Plan, organize, and manage all phases of a project lifecycle to ensure successful delivery. This includes scoping requirements and SOW delivery, developing and managing project plans and schedules, team tasks, success criteria, and budgets
- Possess deep knowledge of project management best practices and understanding of how to apply them in an effective and appropriate manner across projects with varying levels of complexity and customer sophistication
- Ability to challenge, recommend and redirect teams as well as manage client expectations during the engagement
- Staff and track project resources including scheduling, task assignment, timecards, and utilization reporting in Salesforce and Professional Services Automation ("PSA") tools
- Oversee and manage multiple customer engagements simultaneously
- 3+ years of experience delivering enterprise-level consulting projects in customer facing roles, preferably for professional services or consulting teams within a software company
- Experience supporting complex data driven business applications in a B2B environment with the ability to apply strategic thinking in the understanding of customer requirements
- Demonstrated people management and conflict resolution skills, including the ability to influence, negotiate and achieve results through others who are not direct reports or work for external organizations
- Key player in teams and engagements utilizing agile techniques and frameworks, including sprint and backlog management
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects simultaneously across different time zones
- Strong analytical thinker with expertise in Excel, Salesforce, and Professional Services Automation ("PSA") tools
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
We’re creative, innovative, and helping businesses become more efficient. Ensuring that each member of our team feels fulfilled and on track to become the very best employee they can be is important - and we encourage our people to discover new ways of achieving specific goals. We fully believe that each and every individual part of our organization provides value, a new perspective, and progress to NuORDER’s growth and success. Come join us so we can build together!
NuORDER offers a competitive salary and benefits package complete with medical, dental & vision insurance, a matching 401k program, flexible PTO & a wide array of holidays. We also offer paid maternal and paternal leave.
As a NuORDER employee, you can expect a variety of learning and development opportunities and a plethora of snacks, coffee, and sparkling water in our fully stocked kitchen! In addition, it’s not unusual for us to have Bagel Fridays, free lunches, game nights, and happy hours to bond as a team!
Read Full Job Description