Director, Strategic Sourcing - Remote
As the Director, Strategic Sourcing at ZestFinance you will partner with the sales team by executing complex negotiations for key strategic Client engagements. The Director, Strategic Sourcing will act as the lead negotiator (Client-facing) for key Client engagements, project managing cross-functional teams in the development of complex offer development and Client negotiations.
You will manage negotiation issues to closure, drive internal consensus on key client issues related to pricing, business and legal terms and conditions, and product customization as required to close the client opportunity. You will also partner with the Legal team to develop and prepare contract documentation for pricing and business contractual terms and conditions for new client contracts, contract renewals and amendment of existing client contracts.
In this role you will:
- Direct, project manage and negotiate large and/or complex client contracts
- Provide subject matter expertise to Sales and senior/executive management through complex key Client contract negotiations
- Analyze and effectively communicate Client requirements to minimize pricing and negotiation cycles, and drive deal closure
- Build relationships and influence the business units to proactively seek Client Deal Team help
- Understand market environments and emerging trends relating to negotiations and contract development
- Provide tactical and strategic guidance from the beginning to the end of the client contracting process
- Effectively negotiate best terms on behalf of ZestFinance and report on negotiated revenue
- Communicate complex business risks to senior/executive management for approval, acceptance or offer alternatives
- Review and negotiate a broad range of commercial contracts
- Interpret internal and external business issues and recommend best practices
We are looking for:
- 8-12 years applicable professional sales or contract negotiation experience with a demonstrated track record in successfully developing, negotiating, and managing complex agreements
- Significant background negotiating on behalf of Global Sourcing Organizations, representing the customer/buyer side
- Ability to understand the overall impact of sourcing commodity management
- Strong business background with a proven track record of strong business negotiation skills
- Extensive background in contract execution, developing and managing contracts for multi-user and multi-client products and services
- Strong, persuasive written and communication skills with 1:1 and executive-level audiences
- Project management skills, which will be leveraged for contract/negotiation deal execution
Perks and benefits:
- People – the best part of Zest
- Robust healthcare plans, matching 401K and unlimited vacation time
- Dog friendly office with lounge areas, video games and gigantic jigsaw puzzles
- On-site gym with yoga, salsa, and other employee run fitness classes
- Generous family leave policy (6 month maternity leave/3 month paternity leave)
- Tuition reimbursement, conference allowance and Zest talks
- Complimentary massages, manicures, pedicures and more
- Daily catered lunches from LA’s best restaurants and fully stocked kitchen
ZestFinance, Inc. applies its unique credit-decisioning technology platform — based on data science and machine learning — to help lenders effectively predict credit risk so they can increase revenues, reduce risk and ensure compliance. ZestFinance was founded in 2009 by Douglas Merrill and a team of former Google employees with the mission of making fair and transparent credit available to everyone.
We are committed to diversity in hiring, professional development, and everyday discussion. Zest is determined to hire crazy smart people who are different from each other to create broad thinking, lots of different ideas, and by extension, the best team possible.