Director of Project Management
Hallmark Labs is a subsidiary of Hallmark Cards, Inc based in Santa Monica, California.
We currently operate two digital subscription services, Hallmark Movies Now and
Hallmark eCards, as well as ongoing initiatives in personalized, print-on-demand
greeting cards. We are a diverse team of innovators, creators and influencers
leveraging Hallmark’s deep experience in creating meaningful connections and
progressing it into the digital age with cutting-edge technology.
Are you great at what you do and passionate about your work? Are you honest and
Are you a self- motivated, go-getter that likes to have fun?
If so, you are in the right place.
Hallmark Labs is looking for a Director of Project Management to join its Product team in Santa Monica, CA. This position's primary responsibilities are to establish a project management organization and manage the planning, execution and delivery of Hallmark Labs’ projects and to manage operational issues for Labs’ digital platform. Additionally, this resource is responsible for scoping out the technical feasibility of web and cross-platform product initiatives during the early stages of product development for the Digital Greetings business.
Reporting to the Vice-President of Product, the duties and responsibilities of the Director of Project Management include:
- Manages complex and strategic projects under minimal or no supervision from initiation to closure.
- Help recruit, manage and mentor a growing team of project managers instilling best practices and organization while also acting as an individual contributor as needed.
- Manages the project pipeline and potentially manages contractors and/or 3rd party developers, and their project deliverables.
- Full accountability for planning and securing resources for tasks, allocation, estimation, scheduling and risk management
- Develops detailed project schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports; tracks key project milestones and adjusts project plans and/or resources to meet needs of project stakeholders
- Works closely with the product development team to fully understand project requirements and the product roadmap and translates these business requirements into detailed technical requirements for the internal engineering team and external vendors
- Establishes and implements project management processes and methodologies to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high-quality standards, and meet customer expectations
- Tracking and distributing relevant metrics and reports periodically to show team progress and velocity
- Develop and Execute project plans to deliver complex technology projects
- Coordinating with multiple offshore and onshore development teams
- Identify, understand, and track impediments; help remove them and drive improvements to optimize how the team works
- Manage risks, scope, cost, schedule, and quality. Ensure any changes are documented and approved with project change request forms.
- Communicate with regularity project status with stakeholders
- Act as a mediator between stakeholders and project team members
Who we think would be a fit…
We are looking for someone who thrives on bringing successful products to market. You might have worked at large top name companies, but you prefer small nimble companies with tight knit cross-functional teams that focus on getting stellar products to market quickly. You have the skills and experience, but you still love to learn - and you want to work with super talented folks to build great products.
The ideal candidate will have an in-depth understanding of Agile software development methodologies, web and mobile application development, web and application programming languages and project management best practices so as to be able to effectively manage multiple concurrent projects. You should demonstrate excellent leadership, proficient planning and organization skills, strong judgment and decision making, a flexible and positive attitude, and a strong problem solver.
- BS/MS in computer science, engineering, or information technology or additional 4 years’ professional work experience.
- One or more Project Management certifications such as CSM, CSP, PMP.
- 5+ years’ professional experience working closely with developers to complete software development projects using Agile methodology.
- 3+ years’ professional experience managing project managers.
- 5+ years’ professional project management experience in technical development or consulting environment.
- 5+ years’ professional experience using Atlassian (JIRA, Confluence) agile tools and project management software such as OmniPlan or Microsoft Project.
- 5+ yrs. of experience playing Scrum master/Agile Project Manager especially in large programs involving multiple scrum teams.
- Strong & demonstrated project management experience with online, mobile, and/or OTT products.
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects in various stages of development without impact to quality of work.
- Experience with cloud-based environments is desired.
- 3+ years of actual software programming experience.
To be considered an applicant for this position you must show how you meet the basic qualifications of the job in a resume or document you upload or by completing the work experience and education application fields. Accepted file types are Microsoft Word (DOC or DOCX), PDF, HTML, or TXT. Individual file size attachment limit is 10 MB.
In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Hallmark Cards, Inc. and its subsidiary companies will hire only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. Hallmark does not generally provide sponsorship for employment. Employment by Hallmark is contingent upon the signing of the Employment Agreement, signing of an agreement to arbitrate in connection with the Hallmark Dispute Resolution Program, completing Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, education verification and satisfactory reference and background checks.
This is a progressive role that will be filled at the level based on the skills and experience of the selected candidate.
Excellent medical benefits
401(k) match up to 5%
Life insurance policy for every employee, at no cost
Cell phone and home internet reimbursement
Carpool and parking pass cash-out program
Generous maternity/paternity leave
Employee assistance programs
Fully stocked kitchen with fresh fruit and delicious snacks and beverages
Monthly catered lunches
Soft serve machine 24/7
Great eateries close by, oh, and we're near the beach!
Massage chairs and bicycles
Onsite free parking
Flexible work hours/work from home
Hallmark Labs is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally-protected status. Principals only please.