Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendG
We are MotorTrend.
With a monthly reach of more than 131 million, the MotorTrend Group is the largest automotive media company in the world. Launched with MotorTrend’s iconic magazine 70 years ago, the company now has a global reach that includes MotorTrend TV, the MotorTrend streaming service, MotorTrend.com, and Hot Rod magazine, with franchises that include MotorTrend Car of the Year, Roadkill, Wheeler Dealers, Best Driver’s Car and dozens more. Our portfolio brings together Discovery’s #1 TV network for automotive super fans, with our vast automotive digital platform that includes direct-to-consumer products, websites, apps, social, and live events.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up everyday intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
The Development Coordinator (full-time, hourly, regular) role will support the VP of Development in managing operations to create the world’s best automotive content. Role will have the chance to support internal and external series development. An interest in development and familiarity with industry players are essential to the role, and exposure to development is a plus. This individual will be responsible for managing schedules and meetings, and booking travel, as well as coordinating Development creative tracking.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Coordinating and scheduling all internal and external meetings
- Attend relevant meetings to provide notes for review
- Maintain and update development project tracker for distribution to network executives
- Work with development and production team to track new sources for content development
- Strategic and creative support to executives
- Maintain relationships professionally and socially with agency and studio counterparts
- Tracking all development materials and deliverables
- Create presentations for the department when needed and manage A/V
- Coordinating screenings & creative reviews
- Liaison to all of our partners
- Distribute outlines, tape scripts, revisions, to network executives
- Working to identify, research, track, and build relationships with new and unknown writers, producers, directors, and talent
- This position will not include supervising one or more employees where applicable.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- A minimum of 2 years of previous administrative assistant experience in a high-volume entertainment desk at a studio, network, production company or talent agency
- General understanding of the television development process and cycles
- Knowledge of agencies and networks
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and be a great team player
- Willingness to work overtime with short notice
- Must work well under pressure
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Superior attention to detail with strong work ethic
- Ability to successfully coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Someone with a passion for television and the desire for a career in TV
- Must be proactive, ambitious, and have a positive outlook
- Minimum of 1 year of development experience
- SAP experience
- Love of automotive content
- The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of Outlook, PowerPoint/Keynote, Word and Excel
- Working knowledge of Adobe Premiere, Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut and/or AVID a plus
- SAP experience
- Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.