Customer Support Program Manager at Grindr
Grindr is a location-based social networking and online dating application for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. Launched in 2009, it has since become the largest and most popular gay mobile app in the world.
We are looking for an experienced Customer Support Program Manager who has a passion for supporting and advocating for the queer community. Reporting to the Senior Director of Customer Experience, you will have the opportunity to work with teams across Grindr as a customer advocate and expert, and to build the future of support for our diverse and global user base.
- Be Grindr’s in-house customer advocate and expert, championing a customer-centric vision and culture throughout the company
- Work closely with our customer support partner organization to develop strategy, vision, and leadership for the support team, including finding opportunities for efficiency, automation and quality improvement
- Maintain trust in our brand via public channels such as twitter, blogs, etc.
- Be the bridge for communication between our customers and our organization, ensuring information is communicated clearly and effectively in both directions
- Work cross-functionally with teams from across the company to handle legal, privacy, trust & safety, and highly technical escalations, making sure they are resolved in a timely manner
- Track trends in customer inquiries, comments, and complaints, and recommend improvements based on that feedback
- Stay up-to-date with trends, best practices, new products and capabilities for customer support, success, and experience, and use this knowledge to make sure our customer experience is best in class
- Develop and execute project plans for all-hands customer support and “voice of the customer” programs, and be responsible for those programs going forward
You should have...
- 5+ years of experience in customer support management/ program management in a fast-paced and high-volume environment, especially as part of a remote team at a tech company
- Experience with and willingness to respond to escalated issues, crisis situations, and sensitive content, including Privacy, Legal, and Trust and Safety escalations
- Assist outside groups (Law Enforcement, Government, NGO) with responses
- Enough technical skills to be able to recognize, triage, and escalate bugs effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An up-to-date portfolio with examples of your writing and communication (blog posts or talks you’ve given, internal training documents, user-facing documentation, project plans, etc)
You should be...
- A passionate customer advocate, obsessed with creating a “five star” user experience
- Resilient, and able to stay level-headed in a crisis situation
- Highly collaborative. Able to build trust & strong relationships at all levels, influence without formal authority and push back when appropriate.
- Confident in your own skill but respectful of the contributions of others.
- Curious about user behavior and have empathy for diverse perspectives.
- Knowledgeable of industry and platform-specific patterns.
- Working knowledge of Zendesk and Phabricator
- Experience working for social media or dating apps
- Experience working collaboratively as part of a remote team
- Deep understanding of the queer community
Why Work at Grindr?
Since 2009, Grindr has built the world’s largest social network for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. Now more than just an app, we’re a family of lifestyle brands with the shared mission to connect LGBTQ people with the world around them:
- Grindr – The location-based social app that started it all. Over 3 million people use Grindr daily, from every country on the planet.
- Grindr for Equality (G4E) – Our social mission to promote justice, health, and safety for LGBTQ individuals around the globe.
- BLOOP - (In App) Each week we serve up freshly-juiced content highlighting user experiences, dating advice, grooming tips, queer pop culture & more.
Behind the brands, Grindr is an inclusive and passionate family of thinkers, innovators, leaders, and most importantly, doers. We’re fueled by endless curiosity, constant collaboration, and a knack for crossing every finish line – all within an agile growth environment. We also enjoy tons of perks, great social events, and stunning views from our HQ in West Hollywood.
Benefits & Perks
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous Parental Leave
- Flexible Time Off Policy
- Competitive Salaries
- 401k Match
- Stocked kitchen
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress environment
- Office Daily Catered Lunch (when not working from home)
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer