Conference Program Specialist at Procore Technologies
We’re looking for a Conference Program Specialist to lead breakout session content strategy, production, and execution for Procore’s marquee event, Groundbreak. This includes determining our ‘call for speakers’, researching and selecting themes and session content breakdown, managing the speaker selection process, and serving as the main point-of-contact for all contracted speakers pre-event and on-site at Groundbreak. To be successful in this role, you’ll bring industry market knowledge, content development experience and a demonstrated understanding/or willingness to learn today’s construction and session landscapes to contribute to the Groundbreak program.
This position reports into our Manager of Events and has the opportunity to be based in our headquarters in Carpinteria, CA or Austin, TX office.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct in-depth market research on conference topics and themes to ensure the relevance of conference content
- Identify topics and speakers of interest by reviewing post-event surveys and session evaluations, conducting a “call for speakers”, working with industry subject matter experts internally and externally and researching industry trends and education needs
- Develop overall breakout session content plan and breakdown of all session topics and themes for Groundbreak
- Manage the proposal submission and acceptance process for all speakers, including contracts, W-9s, and speaker and agenda management within Groundbreak’s event management software leading up to the event
- Serve as the main point of contact for all breakout session speakers on-site at Groundbreak
- Hands-on, daily management of all session and speaker logistics including session details, speaker assignments, and profiles, session scheduling, proofreading aligned to style guide, PPT presentations, session tagging in event management software and more
- Measure results (evaluations, attendance, survey feedback) on all content and communicate findings back to key stakeholders
- Develop a plan for content usage post-Groundbreak including session recordings, continuing education resources, and promotional materials, and more
- Serve as content manager for 100 - 125 varied breakout sessions
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of experience managing content for tech events including education and speaker management for conferences and/or tradeshows of 1K+ attendees with 75+ breakout sessions
- Experience with event software such as Bizzabo
- Strong writing skills with strong proof-reading skills; high levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Proven success in cross-functional project management
- Overarching content project or program management
- Detail-oriented with strong attention to follow-through; comfortable within a fast-paced work environment and short deadlines
- Event production background or construction industry knowledge a plus
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.