At GoodRx, we believe that all Americans should have access to convenient and affordable healthcare. As a nation, we spend about $3.5 trillion annually on our healthcare, but too many Americans struggle to get the care they need, and prices just keep rising. Our marketplaces for prescription medicines and telehealth have helped Americans save $25 billion since 2011. GoodRx is a public company; we're based in Santa Monica with additional offices around the country. We're a low-key and tight-knit group that likes to find new ways to fix big problems. If you share our belief that you can do well by doing good, let's talk.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
With that said, research shows that women and other minority groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. GoodRx is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage women, people of color, and those in the LGBTQ+ communities to apply for positions even if they don’t necessarily check every box outlined in the job description. Please still get in touch – we’d love to connect and see if you could be good for the role!
About the role:
We’re helping Americans get convenient and affordable healthcare – but ‘convenient’ and ‘affordable’ can mean different things to different people. The Community Impact Manager on the Social Impact team will be responsible for advancing strategies that extend the positive impact of our work at GoodRx. We are seeking a passionate and experienced community organizer to lead our grassroots efforts to address health inequity and further reduce the barriers to care. The ideal candidate will foster authentic relationships with the communities we serve to strengthen our value and role as a trusted partner in the safety net.
- Creating a community development and engagement strategy to better understand and address specific (cultural, linguistic, or otherwise) needs of different underserved populations
- Identifying and cultivating relationships with local leaders and influencers closest to the issues in their neighborhoods and communities
- Working cross-functionally to develop materials and resources to support partner organizations and community members
- Conducting research and delivering valuable insights to help inform decisions in broader company projects and goals
- Developing and maintaining partnerships with community-based organizations through virtual (and eventually onsite) meetings, workshops and community events
- Working with like-minded community health organizations and leaders to advance health equity and advocacyCentering diversity, equity and inclusion in all outreach and engagement
Skills & Qualifications:
- 4+ years experience in community development/organizing or similar, preferably at a healthcare system/company or social enterprise
- Understanding of the social determinants of health and health intervention programs
- Past success driving community-level partnerships or coalitions
- Network of contacts consistent with level of experience
- Clear, proactive written and verbal communicator
- Passion for tackling complex problems in innovative ways
- Experience or education in public health, social work, or related fields is a plusBilingual in English/Spanish is a plus
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved $25 billion using GoodRx and 15 million consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.
Read Full Job Description