Channel Launch Coordinator
Who We Are
Pluto TV, a Viacom company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 100+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Viacom creates entertainment experiences that drive conversation and culture around the world. Through television, film, digital media, live events, merchandise and solutions, our brands connect with diverse, young and the young at heart audiences in more than 180 countries.
For more information on Viacom and its businesses, visit www.viacom.com. Keep up with Viacom news by following us on Twitter (twitter.com/viacom), Facebook (facebook.com/viacom) and LinkedIn (linkedin.com/company/viacom).
Citizens of Pluto TV have the privilege of entertaining millions of people. We are entrepreneurs looking to revolutionize the future of TV. While our planet is small, our ambition is boundless. The stakes don’t get much higher.
Becoming a Citizen is hard work. We need self-starters that thrive in changing environments, who treat company resources like their own, and who deliver seemingly impossible outcomes at warp speed. It’s the only way we stay ahead of the giants looking to take the opportunity we have earned. We are selective but once chosen, you’re in.
We are currently looking for a Channel Launch Coordinator to join our Content Partnerships team to help launch new content and channels on Pluto TV. The Content Partnerships Coordinator helps us by managing requests, tracking deliverables and facilitating team workflow operations as it relates to launching new channels, live stream partners and the content review process.
This role will have a wide-range of responsibilities, including:
- Ability to understand and carry out our content launch processes using our internal proprietary software.
- Effectively communicate channel launch progress across internal departments and content partners.
- Manage content partner on-boarding calls in collaboration with partners, Programming, Marketing and PR teams.
- Manage and improve the catalog review process.
- Support the Content Partnerships team with administrative tasks including keeping documents up-to-date and meeting scheduling.
Qualities / Experience We’re Seeking
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in the role:
- 2 + years of full-time commercial work experience, preferably working with online content media
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills. This is important, and we will be looking at your communication style in your cover letter.
- Excellent attention to detail. In the second paragraph of your cover letter, you should use the word "pizza".
- Excellent organizational, time management and prioritization skills to effectively manage multiple concurrent tasks
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel or similar spreadsheet software is required. Experience with relational database systems is preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree is preferred
Why You Should Become a Citizen of Pluto TV
As stated, becoming a Citizen is hard work but the rewards of citizenship are plentiful. Work with the smartest people on some of the most complex projects of your life, while profoundly impacting both Pluto TV and the broader world of entertainment. Share in the epic quest to define the future of television as we know it. Big commitment, big impact, lasting change.
As a Citizen, you will enjoy generously-sponsored medical benefits, a generous vacation policy, 401K retirement plan, social and team events, and more!
We’re an equal opportunity employer (EOE)
At PlutoTV and Viacom, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Viacom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.