Category Manager, Vitamins & Supplements at Thrive Market
- Grow and manage the Vitamins & Supplements category, inclusive of both third party brands and private label product development, to meet expansion goals including revenue, margin, and other KPIs while at the same time balancing our ingredient/quality standards
- Identify, seek out, and cultivate vendor relationships. Negotiate pricing and cost of goods. Pitch co-marketing opportunities. And be a strong representative of Thrive Market’s brand and values in every interaction
- Live the numbers. Track, measure, and analyze data. Report KPIs and metrics.
- Drive strategy for merchandising and collaborate with Product, Technology and Marketing teams to optimize conversion on our website
- Collaborate with Merchandising Marketing team to develop and execute annual promotional strategies for brands and categories
- Partner with Procurement team on inventory forecasts, vendor fulfillment rates, and exiting out of unwanted inventory
- Be curious, experimental, and rigorous in your research to make sure Thrive is on-trend and setting the bar for new products.
- Know the competitive landscape inside-out.
- Conduct regular bottoms-up forecasting that rolls into the company’s revenue plan
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and be a positive leader both within the merchandising team and the company as a whole.
- 3+ years of experience in a buying or category management role. E-commerce experience is highly preferred.
- Fluency in technical and tactical merchandising: Excel,Excel….Excel.
- Deep knowledge of consumer trends and behavior, ideally in Vitamins & Supplements.
- Proven track record of over delivering on KPIs and financial plans
- Private Label development experience preferred
- Willingness to roll your sleeves up and get into the day to day of category management and item launch process
- Experience managing and cultivating direct reports
- Exemplary communication skills: you can present, write clear/concise emails, and understand the nuances of how best to communicate with different teams and people
- Self-directing and self-correcting: you’re a natural problem solver skilled at prioritization
- Flexibility and ability to adapt quickly to an ever evolving environment
- Over-the-top excitement about making healthy, affordable food and products available to every American
BELONG TO A BETTER COMPANY!
- THE PERKS
- Comprehensive health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
- Dog Friendly Office
- On-site Yoga
- 401k plan
- Stocked kitchenLunch provided 5 days per week
- Free Thrive Market membership and discount on private label products