Who We Are:
Reformation is a fast-growing company that proves fast fashion and sustainability can coexist. With both our HQ and our own factory based in Los Angeles, we combine stylish, vintage-inspired designs with sustainable practices. We release limited-edition collections every week on our website and in our 20 brick and mortar stores.
We are a future focused organization committed to the belief that the problems facing our planet and society can be solved through innovation, common sense and education. Being naked is the #1 most sustainable option. We're #2.
The Associate Merchant will be responsible for creating and maintaining a merchandise mix based on emerging trends, sales and profitability goals, OTB and replenishment goals as well as customer preferences. This person will be responsible for achieving sales goals, inventory goals, gross margin, and profit goals through the selection, pricing and promotion of merchandise. The Associate Merchant is a highly collaborative role and partners closely with a variety of cross functional teams. The ideal candidate will be analytical, organized and data-driven, have excellent communication skills and an ability to combine complex analysis with market knowledge to produce actionable recommendations.
What You'll Do:
- Partner with design to develop cohesive product assortment plans weekly while maintaining weekly sales goals
- Generate correct and timely purchase orders that both meet projected demand and stay within overall OTB goals
- Track SKU-level sales, inventory and outstanding orders on a daily basis and make adjustments to plans as needed
- Analyze seasonal assortment of products within your category (what works, what doesn’t), use the data to create a strategy for future seasons and provide actionable recommendations
- Analyze product performance weekly and identify key styles and categories that drive sales and buyer acquisition. Also, identify what doesn’t work for our customer and action upcoming product plans as needed. Present these findings weekly to cross functional team
- Analyze and Identify best seller’s day one of product launch, writing recut/replenishment purchase orders as needed
- Develop and present weekly, monthly and seasonal lineplans
- Harbour a deep understanding of our current and evolving core customer base as well as the market
- Suggest and implement initiatives to optimize weekly sales (units, turnover) and margins
- Assess the competitive market with respect to trends, marketing & product strategy; react to ensure market leadership
- Manage pricing structure for given categories while maintaining target margins
- Identify and develop new product expansion ideas that would both apply to our core customer as well as bring in a new customer
- Partner closely with production and supply chain to ensure on-time delivery and prioritization weekly
- Work closely on department strategy to ensure all teams are aware of on-going launched and courses of action
- Partner with planning team to build and manage successful replenishment model for evergreen styles
- Drive in-store allocation to ensure appropriate inventory levels are maintained and maximized in owned categories
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-4 years of experience in apparel at a retailer/e-commerce company
- Comfortable giving honest, direct feedback both written and verbally
- Not afraid to stress what you feel is right
- Strong Analytical and Math Skills, specifically in merchandise planning
- Strong Excel Knowledge, experience modeling and analyzing inventory levels
- Ability to deal successfully with complexities of an expanding organization
Who You Are:
- You are a go- getter; you are competitive and have a natural drive to get things done
- You are super smart with strong problem solving skills
- You love product and completely get the Reformation customer
- You are scrappy and can do a lot without extensive resources
- Your colleagues love working with you and your manager loves having you on the team
- You can set targets and manage a cross-functional effort to achieve those targets
- You motivate others; you communicate clearly; you inspire your coworkers.
- You are a collaborative, hard working, problem solver, who leads by example.
- You don’t understand 9 to 5
- You are way above average, and only want to work at a place that is nowhere near average.
- You are a proven leader that can manage, influence, and inspire individuals of varied backgrounds
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance for eligible employees
- Paid vacation, sick, holidays & volunteer time-off for eligible employees
- Mission based company
- Clothing discount
- 401K with company match
Please submit your resume and a short cover letter telling us about yourself and why you are a great fit for Reformation!
The Reformation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status
Some light reading - Forbes, Eco-Age, Fast Company