Senior Product Manager (Remote US) at GumGum
GumGum is a global technology and media company specializing in contextual intelligence. For over a decade, we have applied our proven machine learning expertise to extract value from digital content for the advertising industry. The company’s contextual advertising engine, Verity™, comprehends the meaning of text, images and video online, allowing marketers to safely and precisely place ads where people are most engaged. Combining that contextual targeting and brand safety intelligence with proprietary high-impact ad formats, GumGum’s advertising solutions deliver industry leading efficiency, accuracy and performance.
The Senior Product Manager is a key member of our Technology Team and supports the VP, Product. The Senior Product Manager will help shape product strategy for the advertising division and will own the product roadmap aligned with GumGum’s vision. The Product Management function at GumGum is pivotal and will drive key business decisions and influence what will be built and launched. The team is brand new and is looking for successful Product Managers who can establish a high bar for this evolving team.
As a Sr. Product Manager will be responsible for determining product strategy, feature prioritization, and overall success of our high impact and connected advertising products. As a Sr. Product Manager you will drive product development by working closely with a number of key internal partners including engineering and operations. You will continuously analyze data and meet frequently with partners and stakeholders to gather feedback and support for your product roadmap and feature prioritization.
Please note, GumGum is only open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, NJ, NY, OH, OR, PA, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and MN.
- Establish a product strategy, roadmap, and goals for a portfolio of products including internal and client-facing user interfaces, campaign management, and ad creative building.
- Conduct ongoing research including meeting with internal stakeholders and clients to gain a deeper understanding of customer needs to inform the creation of new products and the evolution of existing products.
- Consistently measure performance and analyze existing products for opportunities to innovate and improve product performance, providing additional benefits to customers and GumGum
- Effectively organize and manage a product roadmap and a backlog of product requests while keeping key stakeholders informed of progress and status.
- Solve ambiguous product problems with an ability to understand business, product and customer tradeoffs and execute a solution with a cross-functional team of internal partners including engineers, operations, marketing and sales.
- Help establish a new customer-first product management organization - drive change through influence and collaborate effectively across the organization
- BA or CS Degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 4 years of Product Management experience in an ad-tech environment (or other relevant industry experience)
- 1+ year(s) of end to end product delivery
- Has successfully managed a product portfolio, ideally in the digital advertising space
- Has worked directly with an advertising sales organization and understands the digital advertising ecosystem and its key players.
- Has partnered with engineering, marketing and design teams to define, build and launch new products on time and on budget.
- Familiar with software development and collaboration tools (e.g. Atlassian)
Benefits & Perks
- Medical Coverage including 100% premium coverage for employee + spouse/family
- Vision Coverage including 100% premium coverage for employee + spouse/family
- Dental Coverage including 100% premium coverage for employee + spouse/family
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employer-Matched 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Stock Incentive Program (role dependent)
- Paid Parental Leave - Birth parents can receive up to 16-18 weeks for birth recovery and baby bonding. Non-birth parents can receive up to 10 weeks for baby bonding
- Transitional Return-to-Work Schedule
- Modern Family Support: Cleo App
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal and Identity Theft Protection
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- WFH Stipend
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Flexible Time Off
- Veterinary Discounts
- WeWork Monthly Pass
- Pet friendly organization - We love our fur babies! Check us out on Instagram @dogsofgumgum
- Incredible work/life balance with a collaborative and friendly work space
- A team that has transitioned to remote work impressively, and remains highly collaborative and connected
- GumGum Gives Back volunteering opportunities
- Virtual company events and (optional) in-person celebrations
- Virtual monthly team bonding events
- Anniversary recognition and awards
Career & Development Focus
- Ongoing learning and development for education opportunities such as webinars, books, classes, relevant conferences and events
- Opportunities to pursue business related side projects and yearly Hackathon
- Highly encouraged to contribute to open source software, including our own open source software
- Environment of learning from peers, including meetups, presentations and blog posts
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
- Life Skills sessions - geared towards the whole life/ health / person
- Leadership Bites Dinner Series - connecting current and future GumGum leaders over great food and meaningful conversation
- The VOICE Coalition - through our council committee, The VOICE Coalition’s mission is to build an equitable, supportive, and inclusive culture where all voices are heard and all differences are celebrated through thoughtful, engaging, and authentic programming and community involvement. We’ve created awareness and appreciation for our employees through Hispanic Heritage month, Women of GumGum, Asian Pacific American, GG Pride, etc.
Optional return to office: Our big vision for our futuristic “Farmhouses” in 2022!
- Offices will now be referred to as the “GumGum Farmhouse” -- a futuristic space centered around a bigger purpose: flexibility, sustainability, community, and growth!
- GumGum will continue to be a flexible/remote-friendly environment, however, offices will re-open in 2022 for any employees who choose to come in to collaborate, participate in an event, host your clients, contribute to our growing of plants/herbs/vegetables/etc.
Thoughtful…We listen to understand different perspectives, show everyone respect, and relentlessly seek solutions for our clients (internal and external)
Agility…We are quick, nimble, and change direction gracefully, while maintaining control.
Grit…We bring energy and perseverance to everything we do.
GumGum expands globally! Our company recently acquired JustPremium, a European-based company that utilizes creatives as a means to develop digital environments. JustPremium’s rich media is one of the largest in the world, and brings forward higher performing ads that adds value to GumGum’s already thriving contextual intelligence. With this acquisition, we now have 375 + employees globally, as well as new market expansion including Germany, France, Spain, Netherlands, Belgium, Sweden, Denmark, and Mexico. Together we will become the most powerful global solution for a cookieless future through contextual technology and high-impact creatives.
GumGum recently earned LA’s Best Places to Work Award in 2021 by BuiltInLA, and Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work in 2020 and it’s no surprise why. With company-sponsored social hours, annual holiday celebrations and on-site gatherings, GumGummers enjoy a fun, creative and collaborative workplace. We provide ourselves on our strong track record of giving employees the autonomy and support they need to succeed.
Check us out on Instagram: @gumgum