Product Owner at SimplePractice
Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:42 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, July 16, 2019
We’re seeking a tactical Product Owner who is solely focused on the delivery of our product roadmap.
At SimplePractice, we have 30,000 private practice clinicians using our best-in-class platform to run great businesses and deliver great care to clients. Due to our unique position as the innovator in our market and our fanatic commitment to customer feedback we’ve built a backlog of over 30 validated projects that will solve some of the most challenging problems for private practice owners in the health and wellness space. The only challenge we face is that our current team can’t write stories and requirements fast enough. That’s why we’re growing our smart, selfless, and disciplined product team in order to execute on our ambitious product roadmap.
In this role, you will go beyond just define requirements. You’ll be the biggest supporter for making your projects a success by...
- collaborating with all internal teams and working closely with design to define requirements that deliver immediate customer value while also advancing the long term vision for the platform,
- collaborating with engineering on milestone break downs, rollout plans, and scope negotiation in order to refine requirements and designs that communicate the final scope of projects to build,
- participating in kick offs with the engineering squad,
- supporting the engineering team during development to answer questions and find solutions to challenges that arise during development in order to ensure the project’s success,
- managing all aspects of project rollouts (testing, support team training, help center articles, release notes, marketing collaboration, etc…)
This role will work closely with our CTO, CEO, and VP of Engineering. Demonstrate great work, great judgement, and adapt to our unique, high functioning development process and you’ll quickly earn a tremendous amount of responsibility, autonomy, and professional opportunity.
- Own the delivery of projects on the product roadmap (web, iOS, and Android).
- Develop and write detailed story requirements and product specifications.
- Work with the leadership team, customer support, and product designers to translate customer needs into executable user stories and designs.
- Work closely with development to define milestones, de-scope projects, and ensure on-time and in-scope delivery.
- Develop and run an internal acceptance testing process.
- Unblock developers when product requirement questions arise.
- Lead a team of indirect reports during the course of projects to drive delivery.
- Assist in prioritization by identifying trade-offs among conflicting business priorities
- Champion for the customer by speaking directly with customers and collaborating with customer success, marketing, engineering, and the design team to develop user stories, wireframes, and workflows that solve problems for our customers.
- Collaborate with marketing and customer success to ensure release readiness. (E.g. internal support training, marketing material, release notes, help center articles, internal wiki)
- Build a complete understanding of the SimplePractice platform and all of it’s integrated systems (scheduling, billing, documentation, client communication, electronic insurance claim filing, mobile apps, and more) in order to write great requirements which leverage the value of our platform and to plan for dependencies.
- Understand documentation for all 3rd party integrations.
- 3+ years experience working in a product focused software company
- MA in Computer Science, Engineering or another relevant field
- Extensive experience defining user stories and acceptance criteria
- Ownership, ownership, ownership. You take ownership of everything in your world
- Organized and analytical thinking.
- A passion for the detailed and challenging work required to build a great product
- Strong user experience thinking, always putting the customer first
- Experience negotiating feature tradeoffs with technical and business resources
- Excellent organizational and time management skills - your time and attention will be in high demand so you’ll need to manage your calendar to make sure projects are being delivered.
- Demonstrated creative and critical thinking with a vision - You’ll be evaluated on your ability to deliver solutions that address immediate customer needs but also see beyond the immediate use cases and develop requirements that lead toward the future state of a feature and the platform.
- Experience with an established project management system (Pivotal Tracker preferred).
- Experience with and in-depth understanding of agile processes (Scrum, Kanban, etc)
Read Full Job Description