Product Manager, Training and Competition at Zwift
About the role:
Product management at Zwift is a cross-functional, hands-on role. This role will own the workouts and competition roadmap with the objective of gamifying the Zwift experience through competition for all levels, beginner to pro. You will define features that make achieving fitness goals fun, competition fair and with just the right amount of challenge. You will also build features that allow users to come together in teams and leagues.
The ideal candidate requires excellent communication skills to build consensus among all stakeholders (both internal and external). You will engage with the community, fitness experts as well as dive into our qualitative and quantitative data to drive feature development. The role will work collaboratively with other product managers, engineering, QA, program management, data analytics, and marketing.
This role is at the intersection of gaming and fitness and as such, prior experience in gaming is preferred. If this is you, come join our team!
How to stand out among the rest:
If you are excited about this role, we strongly encourage you to include a cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but a well thought out letter introducing us to your skills and personality will stand out among the rest.
Zwift is the fitness company born from gaming, and we’re on a mission to make More People. More Active. More Often. The Zwift platform delivers an at-home training game that connects cyclists and runners in over 195 countries and counting! Launched from the sunny shores of Long Beach, California in 2014, we’ve grown to over 300 Watopians (that’s what we call our employees) and we have people in New York, Tokyo, Rio de Janeiro, and London.
Some reasons we think you will love it here:
We are an encouraging, innovative, and passionate team. We like bikes. We like running. We also like local ice cream shops, game nights, and our "Pets of Zwift" Slack channel. You'll be surrounded by awe inspiring people, even in your remote work setting. Although there are amazing athletes that work here; our team consists of people from all walks of life. Whether you’re a current Zwifter, at the beginning of your fitness journey, or neither one of these, there is a place for you here. Different perspectives are important, they allow us to continually grow and evolve - One Zwift for All!
Did we mention that we encourage you to workout while you work from home? Zwift, run, yoga….we’re in!
How we’re handling Covid-19:
We are beyond grateful to continue to grow as a company during this unusual time. Our #1 priority is ensure the health, safety, and sanity of our current and future Watopians. We want to share with you what we’re doing and what you can expect.
Since March, all of our Watopians have been working remotely and will continue to do so until we know it is safe to collaborate in person again. As you go through the virtual interview process, don't be alarmed if children or pets make a guest appearance. We won't think twice if we get to meet any members of your family. If we are fortunate to welcome you to the team, we will get you all the necessary equipment, hardware, and furniture needed to get you ergonomically set up and productive at home.
Work From Home (WFH) life can be challenging in many ways. We have and will continue to take steps that ease some of the burden for our Watopians including:
- Monthly stipends to help offset additional expenses incurred with WFH
- Access to mental health & wellness resources including headspace, unmind, and Spring Health.
We care about you as our candidate too, so let your Talent Engagement Partner know if there’s anything we can do to make your interview process go more smoothly. We are in this together and always looking for ways to enhance our new interview experience.
What you'll do:
- Own the entire product life cycle including ideation, definition of key features and requirements, prioritization, definition of success and key metrics and the go to market strategy for the workouts and competition roadmap
- Partner with game design, program management, engineering, UX, and game art to define the strategy and create alignment across the entire portfolio
- Iterate the product and features based on data, user research and feedback from the Zwift community, industry partners and stakeholders
- Build key partnerships with stakeholders including marketing, brand, platform, hardware and strategy teams
- Collaborate with the extended product management team to continually improve internal processes and overall operations of the team
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of relevant experience in product management, business, technology or related disciplines
- Prior experience in the gaming industry delivering best in class products and experiences to players
- Ability to break down work into meaningful releases, work with stakeholders to prioritize these items, and iteratively deliver feature enhancements
- Experience with A/B testing and experimentation to drive feature development
- Self-motivation to deliver results and seek continuous improvement
- High attention to detail
- Proven ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to help your team win
- Passion for cycling, running, triathlons, and other sports
- Passion for video games
- Experienced Zwifter
- Experience using Optimizely, Google Analytics, and Amplitude
Of course we are nothing without our Values to ground us and ensure we run and build a Company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included and belong. Only then, can they thrive and do their best work. The Values we strive to live everyday:
- Make It Fun,
- Elevate Teammates,
- Cultivate Our Community,
- Always Level Up,
- One Zwift for All
We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Zwift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected]
Zwift, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.