Who We Are
Omaze raises funds and awareness for charities by offering the chance to win once-in-a-lifetime experiences and dream-come-true prizes. We've offered everything from a double date with John Krasinski and Emily Blunt, to a walk-on role in Star Wars, to a brand new customized Mercedes Benz sprinter van. We've given over $130M to charities around the world, from donors in 180 countries. Our vision is to be the first for-profit company to give $1B to charity in a single year, and we’re building our team of dedicated and passionate people to help us get there. That’s where you come in!
Who We Are Seeking
Our ideal Product Manager puts the customer first, isn’t afraid to challenge assumptions, can look ahead to where we need to be to delight our users, and can collaborate with our team to get it done. In this role, you will help spearhead our pricing and personalization strategy. You will partner with engineering and data & analytics to build out our price points and product recommendation engine. This will create a customer experience that offers the most relevant experiences at the right donation amounts to customers, driving maximum donations to charities.
What You’ll Do
In the first month you’ll…
- Partner with your team to charter a new pod, including defining team mission, vision, and values
- Familiarize yourself with current Omaze customer journey across all touchpoints and key user flows
- Learn about our economy - what price points we offer, what we’ve tested, and what’s on our testing backlog. You will be expected to study our competitors and eCommerce best practices in detail.
- Research third party recommendation engines and provide a recommendation on ‘build vs buy’ for both the short and long term.
In the first 6 months you’ll...
- Outline a new product / SKU architecture for our experiences and partner with engineering to develop a roadmap for implementation
- Develop tools to make pricing tests easier to implement and analyze. Collaborate with the product team to build out the price testing backlog
- Develop strategies for upselling non-paying sweepstakes entrants to donors
- Partner with the data & analytics teams to create a product recommendations engine
Skills and Qualifications
- Curious, with an insatiable hunger for continuous learning and knowledge sharing
- Comfortable in a dynamic environment and building a product that is defining a new industry vertical
- Experience designing backend systems
- Experience working on front end and customer facing products
- Data savvy - SQL skills a plus, ability to run A/B tests and optimize towards results a must
Job Specific Skills
Bonus points for:
- Experience in eCommerce and/or fundraising.
- Experience working with data scientists and machine learning.
What It’s Like To Work At Omaze
- We receive a competitive salary and benefits
- We take our work seriously, but not ourselves. We enjoy each other and have fun!
- We have a dog-friendly office (or Zoom call), and we love our furry friends.
- We think work/life balance is core to a healthy team
- We work with smart, compassionate people dedicated to our mission
- We value different perspectives and backgrounds and prioritize hearing a wide range of points of view
- We're committed to putting the health of our employees first during the pandemic and have worked hard to make the transition to work-from-home smooth – with a stipend for office setup, continuation of company events (virtual), weekly guided meditation sessions, and more