Golden Hippo is a young, growing digital marketing company committed to helping everyone live their healthiest life. We create cutting edge health, wellness, and beauty products and work tirelessly to get them into the hands of the people who need them most - our customers. We're growing fast, but our core values remain the same as when we were founded in 2010.
Golden Hippo is currently looking for a Packaging Sourcing Specialist who will Be responsible for sourcing packaging and overseeing and developing projects facilitating to business needs. Responsible for identifying and achieving cost reduction and cost avoidance targets in relation to all aspects of component purchasing and management.
HERE IS WHAT WE OFFER YOU
At Golden Hippo you have a chance to make an impact. You will have the opportunity to be creative, take initiative and grow. A career at Golden Hippo is more than just a job. It's the chance to work among friends every day, to work and play hard, and to see the results of your work firsthand. We work in a lively, laid back work environment with a fully stocked kitchen for our employees to use. We also offer:
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- Matching 401K plan
- In-office CrossFit gym with professional coaches
- Yoga and meditation breaks
- Casual, "no dress code" atmosphere and an open office space
- Highly interactive work with a talented, passionate team
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
WHAT YOUR DAY IS LIKE
- Responsible in executing turnkey project and managing it with existing customers
- Managing on hand inventory at fulfillment centers and at the 3rd party locations
- Consolidating the packaging inventory database and updating the Finance and Procurement departments
- Responsible for accuracy of Bill of Material inputs and maintenance in ERP System
- Responsible for planning and executing order processes for inserts/journals.
- Coordinate/Source packaging suppliers and maintaining long-lasting relationships with them as well as existing suppliers
- Work with Packaging Engineer, Product Development, and suppliers to achieve component uniformity were applicable (bottles/jars)
- Develop ideas for savings, innovation, and quality improvements that are relevant to the product(s) and business.
- Providing solutions to improve company spending
- Identifying and achieving cost reduction and costs avoidance targets in relation to all aspects of component purchasing and management
- Manage other projects as necessary for the procurement team and in relation to components.
BEST CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- BA/BS in related field required
- BA/BS in Supply Chain, Business, Engineering, Mathematics or related field
- Minimum of 3-6 years of work experience working with plant operations and packaging supply chain from concept to production for multiple products.
- Experience and strong working knowledge of a wide variety of packaging materials, automated packaging equipment, and processing equipment.
- Experience in food/supplement/cosmetics and pet food or other CPG preferred with familiarity with high speed processes is desirable.
- Strong communication skills in order to professionally represent the company with customers and suppliers.
- Subject matter expert, resourceful and creative problem solver.
- Exceptional time management, project management, and organizational skills; and the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills, approachable, professional, positive and flexible.
- Work interactively and proactively with internal and external parties at all levels.
- Meet communicated schedules and deadlines while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter and independent thinker with the ability to quickly react to situations.
- Work on multiple tasks and/or projects at once with minimal assistance within a fast-paced results-driven environment.
- Proficiency in researching and developing state of the art packages through experimental design, package testing methodology, and through previous commercialization experience.
- Proficient with MS Office, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Golden Hippo is always looking for smart, driven self-starters who are excited to build a place for themselves in one of the most fun, exciting companies in Los Angeles. If you thrive on community and communication, learning from your failures, and embracing the unexpected, Golden Hippo just might be the place for you.