VP of Logistics at Reformation (Greater LA Area, CA)
Who We Are:
Reformation is a fast-growing company that proves fast fashion and sustainability can coexist. With both our HQ and our own factory based in Los Angeles, we combine stylish, vintage-inspired designs with sustainable practices. We release limited-edition collections every week on our website and in our brick and mortar stores.
We are a future focused organization committed to the belief that the problems facing our planet and society can be solved through innovation, common sense and education. Being naked is the #1 most sustainable option. We're #2.
Vice President of Logistics
We are looking for a VP of Logistics who will be responsible for evolving the scale, efficiency and effective management of our distribution (warehousing and transportation) and inventory storage functions for a growing omni-channel direct-to-consumer business (ecommerce, wholesale, and retail).
You will be responsible for overseeing the people, processes and budget and delivering both short and long term priorities and plans. The right person needs to be a leader with the proven ability to successfully motivate, mentor and develop a team to represent the Reformation brand. You will work closely with our internal teams to lead and develop a first-class distribution operation that supports the companys’ growth and fast turning inventory, both domestically and internationally.
What You’ll Do:
Fulfillment and Distribution Strategy & Processes:
- Lead the strategy and current/future storage needs to support direct to consumer, wholesale and retail distribution processes
- Implement a long-term network strategy, omni-channel distribution and storage capacity that will best serve our sales growth, geographies and channels and ensure we stay aware and ahead of any constraints or needs
- Implement processes, SLA’s and teams that support Reformation’s growth and service objectives, as well as scale shipping expense and distribution labor
- Support internal processes and SLA’s to teams for Vintage, photo studio, quality control and production
- Ensure brand appropriate customer experience is delivered across all fulfillment activities and touchpoints, including packaging and presentation
- Continually improve and optimize all DC processes including receiving, putaway, picking, shipping and returns processing, etc
- Work closely with our technology team to implement warehouse and material handling systems and automation, where appropriate
- Continually work to optimize the sustainability (people, profits and planet) of our logistics and shipping processes, people and components
- Manage and report inventory related status in our DC as it helps inform other teams ensure any potential supply issues are communicated , along with the impact to the business
- Lead and support the resolution of process-related issues and act as an information resource for all things related to the distribution
Cost & Service Management:
- Lead budget management, financial analysis, reporting standards, performance measurement and communication that provides visibility and guidance for operations team and leadership
- Manage variable labor, outbound shipping budget, and key initiatives to maintain improve service, while reducing costs
- Explore and drive opportunities to scale costs through CAPEX, systems improvement and automated processes, that have a strong ROI
- Develop and evolve management reporting, operational analysis and provide visibility to key partners
- Ensure that ecommerce, store and wholesale service levels (speed, quality and accuracy) are met across all key touchpoints
- Provide visibility and transparency to key partners across the business on receiving and shipping service levels and capacity, including Supply Chain, Customer Love, Wholesale, Retail and Merchandising
- Negotiate key contracts and manage third-party partnerships to minimize expense and receive world-class service (i.e., transportation, material handling, repair, shipping supplies and equipment maintenance)
- Ensure efficient utilization of storage space, equipment and teams
Leadership, Culture and Team:
- Lead and develop a team that will scale and grow with the business
- Create a culture of continual improvement, customer/service focus and cost optimization, aligned with Reformation’s values
- Develop working relationships with other functions to create transparency into input metrics and service levels to other functions/departments (merchandising, production, factory, wholesale, retail, international)
- Implement a playbook of standard processes and improvement across the team
- Oversee the domestic and international distribution teams, as well as the Los Angeles facilities teams (Vernon and Culver city offices)
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, logistics, business or a related field
- 10+ years of experience in logistics/inventory control management
- Previous experience with ERP, WMS and e-commerce systems in an omni channel environment
- Working knowledge of warehousing operations, inventory, receiving, and order processing
- Experience with managing and launching international warehouses or 3PL partners
- Experience in small parcel transportation management and optimization
- Strong understanding of financial concepts related to project evaluation, financial forecasting, return on investment, etc.
- Spanish language a plus
Who You Are:
- You love logistics and fulfillment and are excited about continual process improvement
- Not only are you able to develop new processes and drive strategic initiatives, but you can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done
- Gifted analytical thinker; proven ability to synthesize complex data into simple and compelling recommendations for improvement
- Experience working in a high growth environment, with constantly shifting priorities; ability to create order out of chaos.
- More apt to saying “yes” or “we’ll try” (rather than “no” or “that’s impossible”).
- Acts with a sense of urgency--strong time management.
- Someone who leads by example.
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance for eligible employees
- Paid vacation, sick, holidays & volunteer time-off for eligible employees
- Mission based company + casual and entrepreneurial work environment
- Clothing discount, dog-friendly office, company events + parties and much more
- 401K with company match
Please submit your resume and a short cover letter telling us about yourself and why you are a great fit for Reformation!
Reformation requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to starting work. Reformation is an equal opportunity employer, and will consider requests for exemption from this policy as a reasonable accommodation where it can do so absent undue hardship, consistent with federal, state, and local law.
The Reformation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status
Some light reading - Vogue, Forbes, Eco-Age
CCPA disclosure notice here.