Vice President, Customer Loyalty and Retention at Golden Hippo
WHO WE ARE
Golden Hippo is an employee-owned, vertically-integrated, highly profitable direct-to-consumer marketer of health, beauty, and pet care brands that collectively generate $1 billion of revenue annually. Our employees are passionate about our mission to create best-in-class products across broadly appealing categories — to help people live their healthiest, happiest lives.
Our A-players are results-driven creative thinkers who like to move fast, get the job done, and have fun doing it. If you love to roll up your sleeves, take on exciting new challenges every day, and drive massive growth, we want to hear from you!
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH US
Here at Golden Hippo, we work to develop best-in-class products, revolutionary marketing campaigns, and glowing customer experiences. We pride ourselves on our award-winning culture and incredibly diverse workforce. We intentionally strive to cultivate, create, and celebrate a rich, vibrant and inclusive culture of belonging where our employees feel respected and empowered. We also offer:
- Award-winning culture… Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company in Los Angeles 202, Best Teams - Marketing 2021, Best Company - Leadership 2020, and more! Click here to view more.
- Competitive salary & bonus opportunities
- Flexible, remote work arrangements available for most positions
- Highly valuable employee stock ownership plan (ESOP)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, parental leave, and more)
- Generous matching 401K plan
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
- Highly interactive, challenging work with a talented, diverse, passionate team
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities such as manager and employee development classes, Tuition Assistance Program, book club, film club, webinars, mentorship program, Hippo Talks, and much more
- Casual, "no dress code" atmosphere
- In-office gym & fitness classes, fully-stocked kitchen, plus regular yoga, meditation breaks, happy hours, and events
See what it’s like working at Golden Hippo!
Golden Hippo is currently looking for a Vice President, Customer Loyalty and Retention who will be responsible for optimizing the customer experience, maximize lifetime value, and reduce customer churn. This role will also grow backend profit by driving incremental sales from existing customers and ultimately unify the company's customer retention strategy across our existing methods (email, continuity, sms, myAccount) as well as identify and implement new channels to enhance customer loyalty.
WHAT YOUR DAY WILL LOOK LIKE
- Develop strategies and tactics to improve every customer touchpoint to drive lifetime value and profit
- Partner with data and analytics to identify leading drivers for retention to build segmentation and personalization strategies to implement next-best-actions for customers
- Create, execute, and continually optimize a data-informed testing plan
- Forecast, measure, and report on results of retention efforts against identified metrics and opportunities for scale
- Collaborate with brand leads to maintain brand voice and messaging
- Drive strategy and execution of customer retention efforts as company continues to scale growth, expand channel mix, and drive lifetime value by building habits & loyalty for unique customer segments
- Partner with cross-functional leaders to grow the company membership program, drive LTV, and reduce churns/skips
- Be responsible for leading all CRM retention marketing efforts and increasing engagement and loyalty with new and existing customers
- Collaborate with the creative team to develop a deep understanding of what resonates with customers and optimize content/messaging accordingly
- Deeply understand the customer, their needs, wants, demands, and desires
- Identify and build the best customer journey for our customers
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- Bachelor's degree. MBA or Master's in Psychology or a Marketing-related field preferred.
- 7+ year of online marketing experience heavily focused on customer retention, ideally in an e-commerce digital first brand in a fast growth environment and at scale
- Experience working with consumer product goods
- Expertise in quantitative and qualitative customer research
- Experience with analytical tools and platforms
- Experience in successfully managing teams
- CRM, referral program or loyalty program experience preferred
- Analytical, quantitative, and qualitative skills including a strong understanding of online marketing, with experience in rigorous performance data environment and desire to test and learn (significant experience with A/B testing required)
- Successfully tested into and launched at scale both upper funnel and especially lower funnel channels
- Both 'direct response' and branded campaign experience, and have driven meaningful results
- Expertise in Excel (SQL is a huge plus), are comfortable working with large datasets, and have an in-depth understanding of statistical analysis (incl. common quant techniques such as regression)
- Experience with Google Analytics and other relevant web analytics tools
- A robust understanding of Facebook's paid advertising platform, paid search, mobile media, affiliate marketing, display media, and sponsored content campaigns Agency and team management experience
- Excellent project management skills with an ability to set and achieve goals, meet deadlines, and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Content strategy and SEO experience managing large teams across digital, out of home, and email marketing
- Strong management, leadership, influencing and communication skills: listen, mentor, inspire, motivate and teach by example
- Ability to manage multiple moving pieces, productively work through conflict, with creative problem-solving, time management, organizational, prioritization and decision making skills
- Thoughtful and self-reflective, willingness to learn
- Team-player, hard-working, and resourceful
- Demonstrated success in back-end marketing, with the ability to be self-directed, and intrinsically motivated
Equal Employment Opportunity
Golden Hippo strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, for applicants in Los Angeles, California, and consistent with applicable laws in other areas.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Golden Hippo recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Golden Hippo may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
AL AK AZ AR CA CO CT FL HI ID IL IN KS MA MI MT NV NM NY NC OH OR TN VA TX UT WA Remote