Technical Support Engineer
Greater LA Area
About the Job
SimplePractice is the future of practice management. We’re at the forefront of making it simple for clinicians to run and grow their practices and growing quickly. We’ve built the highest-rated practice management software and we’re on track to become the market leader.
We are looking for a technical support engineer who has a strong problem solving capabilities.
Under the supervision of the Technical Support Lead you will be responsible for maintaining infrastructure components, improving internal automation tools and help identify and resolve customer reported issues.
What you'll do day-to-day
- You will spend about 50% of your time working with our engineering, customer success and product teams to identify and solve problems.
- You will spend the other half of your time doing IT-related work such as provisioning and maintaining internal systems as well as work on building tools for the automation of routine tasks
- Engineer, implement and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and information
- Educate customer success team on routine problems, to allow them to resolve things directly
- Work with the support team to identify patterns in support emails and keep an eye out for bugs or problems with the software.
- Take ownership of routine problems with intuitive problem-solving skills, and escalate issues and high-risk problems to our developers/engineers.
- Use exploratory testing to find bugs in software.
The ideal candidate
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) or higher degree
- Tech savvy and comfortable with web apps - Slack, Messenger, Zendesk, Google Docs, and the like help run our business. You should be able to use them with ease and be sharp enough to troubleshoot any issues you have.
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment issues
- Experience in technical quality assurance.
- Record and document results and compare to expected results.
- Define test objectives for new features and write test cases/scripts based on external and internal design specifications.
- Great documentation skills
- Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure
- Passion, drive, energy, a sense of humor and a great attitude!
- Experience with automated testing tools.
- Develop and document application test plans based on software requirements and technical specifications.
- Experience in managing Mac laptops
Technology Stack and Tools you will be working with
- Ruby on Rails
- Apple Configuration Manager
Use excellent product and solid technical knowledge to analyze escalated tickets and work with the engineering team on solutions.
To assist in the management of the company’s network and desktop infrastructure which includes our hosted facilities and remote users.
Understand the PCI & HIPAA requirements and good security practices and apply them on daily basis.
Read Full Job Description