Technical Account Manager
Why Work at Grindr?
Since 2009, Grindr has built the world’s largest social network for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. Now more than just an app, we’re a family of lifestyle brands with the shared mission to connect LGBTQ people with the world around them:
- Grindr – The location-based social app that started it all. Over 3 million people use Grindr daily, from every country on the planet.
- INTO – A digital magazine dedicated to queer perspectives: news, culture, commentary, video, and more.
- Grindr for Equality (G4E) – Our social mission to promote justice, health, and safety for LGBTQ individuals around the globe.
- Gaymoji – A one-of-a-kind collection of over 500+ stickers available on iOS, Android, and in the Grindr app.
- Slumbr – An event series for the high-minded partygoer, combining fashion, music, and art.
Behind the brands, Grindr is an inclusive and passionate family of thinkers, innovators, leaders, and most importantly, doers. We’re fueled by endless curiosity, constant collaboration, and a knack for crossing every finish line – all within an agile growth environment. We also enjoy tons of perks, great social events, and stunning views from our HQ in West Hollywood.
Grindr is looking for a Technical Account Manager (TAM) to join our dynamic and growing Programmatic team. This role serves as the key liaison between the Programmatic Sales team and all other departments to facilitate sales and execution of partner ad campaigns. The Technical Account Manager will work with Sales to facilitate the management of all aspects of partner campaigns both pre-and post-sale, providing an end-to-end experience for Grindr advertisers. This role includes analysis, planning, research, project management and brainstorming.
A Successful TAM Consistently Exhibits The Following Attributes
- Business - Responsible for sustainable growth through routinely partnering with Sales, Operations, and Analytics to strategize on ways to create new opportunities within the accounts they service. The TAM is responsible for the profitability of their deals through optimization and renewal and incremental business.
- Delivery Excellence - Be proficient in understanding our ad serving and optimization tools and be prepared to use them to maximize your campaigns. The TAM is responsible for excellent delivery of services across the entire ad lifecycle, including Sales Planning, Account Management, Optimization, and Renewal/Incremental Business.
- Leadership - Requires strong communication skills and imaginative, bold thinking in all situations. The TAM must display executive presence and confidence to manage executive relationships internally and with the customer to create business transformation.
- Collaboration - Exhibits willingness to engage other business partners within the organization, is innovative, creative and a team player with a solution-based approach to capture opportunities and remove barriers.
- Customer Centric - Focus on creating a compelling customer experience. Creates a strategic relationship with key stakeholders within our customer organizations, including the Operations, Engineering, and Executives.
Key Success Factors
- Monitor and optimize client media spend and performance; generate reports; troubleshoot execution with both internal teams and clients; create media plans and recommendations; and package and execute PMPs and deals.
- Deepen relationships with DSP, Ad and Performance Network stakeholders in order to maximize growth opportunities, drive product utilization, and educate clients on Grindr’s products and capabilities.
- Self-starter, energizing, results-oriented, and able to multi-task a must.
- Ability to troubleshoot technical implementations (JS tags, discrepancies, app installs, etc.) and/or configurations (ad servers, click-redirectors, attribution platforms) creatively and proactively.
- Articulates technology, solutions, and services in a compelling way to all audiences. Expertly tailors messaging to specific audiences.
- Implements metrics to drive continuous improvements; drives the overall return on investment (ROI).
- Work closely with Grindr’s Sales teams to assess client strategies and revenue growth opportunities (i.e., PMP/deals, display, mobile, video).
- Strong decision-making skills: takes proactive steps to generate results, uses data and other inputs to make decisions, owns decision, and takes accountability for work using strong organizational and analytical skills
- BS/BA in Business, Marketing, Communication or related field is preferred
- 1-3 years Digital account management/media planning experience
- A background working with clients and/or in a client services role
- Experience working with or at a DSP a must
- 1-3 years advertiser facing experience
- Experience with Mobile App Install Tracking Platforms (MMPs) like TUNE, Appsflyer & Kochava, etc.
- Experience working with ad servers like DFP or MoPub
- Agency experience a plus
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of spreadsheets (MS Excel), CRM systems
- Knowledge of the interactive marketplace
- Desire to work in an entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to multi-task; must be able to juggle multiple projects and clients
- Strong Analytical skills; must be able to think critically about both client needs and internal solutions
Benefits & Perks
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous Parental Leave
- Unlimited sick policy
- Competitive Salaries
- Catered daily lunch
- Stocked kitchen
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress environment
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to Grindr without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.