Team Leader Global Markets Trading Risk & Research (Greater LA Area, CA)
Capital Markets Division
City National's Capital Markets Division ("CNBCM") takes a market research and analysis driven advisory approach to deliver customized, best-in-class solutions for our clients. Comprised of Loan Syndications, Global Markets Sales & Trading, International Banking & Trade Finance, and Supply Chain Finance businesses, CNBCM helps clients to achieve their strategic goals by helping to optimize capital structure, structure working capital solutions to improve liquidity and cash flow, mitigate foreign exchange and interest rate market risks, and support cross border activities.
- Manage the Global Markets Trading, Risk and Research team. Provides direct coaching on assessing needs, developing solutions and completing all related projects.
- Leads the efforts to establish and improve risk management policies and procedures for the Global Markets desks, and management and enforcement of those policies and procedures after adoption.
- Responsible for daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual risk limit monitoring/renewals, including explanation and escalation of any threshold breaches to senior management and RBC risk.
- Act as a liaison and develop positive partnership with Capital Markets Operations and Servicing group within Banking & Investment Services (B&IS).
- Coordinates with Global Markets sales managers when it comes to the desk operations for new products and approaches to client sales efforts. Be available to provide market intelligence for client presentations.
- Ensures the proper use of tools and models used for all activities of the desks, including quantification of FX and IRRM credit risk, breakage costs of loans and deposits, etc.
- Coordinates the communication and engagement with internal and external audits.
- Stays abreast on competitive trends, products and services and any impact on the various Capital Markets businesses.
- Maintains current knowledge of all bank products and services, analyzes customer needs and cross-sells products to fit those needs.
- Works closely with Capital Markets Business Management (including product, Business systems, and business management) and Capital Markets 1LOD Risk Management groups to implement policies, procedures, develop technologies, etc..
- Complies fully with all Bank Operational and Credit policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g. Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.).
- Completes all special projects as requested by senior management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance or related area
- 10 years of Global Markets sales, trading, or related market or counterparty credit risk experience
- 10 years of banking experience (preferably in Capital Markets)
- 1 year of management experience
Skills and Knowledge
- Must possess well-developed internal and external client management skills with expert knowledge in Global Markets products, services and solutions. This includes knowledge of up-to-date market movements and industry changes.
- Expertise in Global Markets trading and risks associated with these activities as well as managing a Global Markets derivatives portfolio.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel & PowerPoint), Murex/OPICs trading platforms, Bloomberg and other 3rd party trading platforms (FX All, FX Connect, 360T).
- Must possess demonstrated management/leadership skills and excellent verbal and written communications skills sufficient to interact with all levels of Bank personnel and clients.
- Some credit training at a bank preferred.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.