MeUndies is a Los Angeles, CA-based underwear and loungewear company best known for its softer than soft basics. Founded in 2011, MeUndies disrupted the $110B underwear industry when it launched the first online underwear subscription. Through the years the brand has inspired a passionate community of undie-obsessed individuals with its bold, comfortable products.
Today MeUndies has sold more than nineteen million pairs of underwear and is profitable with double-digit YoY growth. It continues to redefine the subscription market by evolving the transactional subscription to a membership centered on community and its relationship with the brand.
The innovative direct-to-consumer brand offers multiple purchasing options including singles, packs, matching pairs and its monthly membership. It opened its first flagship store in Los Angeles in 2018.
With a growing company, comes a growing team full of innovative people.
At MeUndies, the Senior Associate Product Developer supports the merchandising & production teams in all aspects of Product & print Development. The Senior Associate manages products from concept to final fits and communicates with the factories throughout this calendar. The Sr associate gathers initial fabric details and factory T&A’s to ensure all development work is done in time for the launch dates. The Sr. associate communicates factory updates to the cross functional teams weekly, follows up on fits, lab dips & strike-offs and manages the market and PR sample process. The Senior Associate ensures that all new products and print development processes adhere to development calendars and target launch dates.
A partial in office presence is required.What You’ll Do
- Support merchandising and design with sourcing of new materials and trims
- Oversee all T&A’s and relays needs and due dates to stakeholders
- Manage initial tech pack send dates and proto sample receipts. Communicates initial costs & minimums in time for quarterly Proto Reviews
- Own and maintains development WIP
- Own all initial costing
- Create and maintains all BV testing protocols
- Attend fittings with tech designers and merchandising to keep cost, quality, and delivery in constant consideration.
- Work with merchandising, print design, and tech design to approve all color/prints, fabric, and trims
- Co-own licensor process and adheres to contract needs; Uploads, sample submission, artwork and samples approval
- Manage sample process for market, PR and photo shoots.
- Work with production associate to track, receive, and distribute all incoming samples
- Support production, merchandising, graphic design, and tech design in all aspects of development. Communicates drops to factories after Final Line review.
- Engage and facilitate daily communication with vendors to address all product development related issues
- Work closely with tech design to prioritize fit approvals
- Complete special projects relating to development as needed
- B.A or equivalent
- 4-5 years of experience in Product Development
- Excel & G suite proficiency
- A keen understanding of fabric and yarns
- A working understanding of costing with cost sheets and yield
- The ability to understand fabric, trims, and full garment test reports; BV, SGS, Intertek
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Team oriented
- A sense of urgency with a love for problem-solving
- A “can-do” attitude and ability to shift priorities when needed
WHY WORK AT MEUNDIES?
It's more than a job.
We have focused on building a team of people that emulates all of our core values. We look for people who stay balanced, go further, build relationships, champion differences, and are humble. At MeUndies, we continue to maintain a stellar brand by working collaboratively and encouraging growth with learning opportunities. Not to mention, there is no such thing as a small achievement here - we celebrate it all!
We look at the necessities.
We offer competitive equity/salary packages which include targeted annual bonuses, generous parental leave, a 401k, awesome health benefits, open time off, and more. We also take Learning and Development seriously - conducting annual performance reviews, annual 360 reviews, and providing an independent Learning & Development Budget that starts at $500 right out of the gate!
We have an office you’ll enjoy going to.
While we’re remote until January 2021 (and have a flexible work policy beyond that), we still have an inviting office that you’re welcome to work from always! We’re set-up to support comfortable working - hot desks, lounge and casual seating areas, a Mother’s Room, an on-site gym & shower, and a kitchen that makes you feel like you’ve never left home. Plus, we’re dog friendly, so your furry coworker can join you anytime.
We don’t forget the most important things.
We want MeUndies to be a place where you feel safe and comfortable, and encourage our employees to hold us accountable for keeping it that way. We offer two robust annual surveys to check-in with the team, an anonymous feedback tool available to submit to at any time, and an HR team that is ready to help. MeUndies is also home to four employee-led Employee Resource Groups - Womxn’s ERG, Heritage ERG, Pride ERG, and Parents of MeUndies. When you work at MeUndies, we take your needs as an employee (and a person) seriously.
Plus those special extra things.
We know how important it is to connect with your team members outside of every day work, too. We offer frequent catered lunches, holiday parties, off-sites, happy hours, and an annual retreat (right now, these things are happening virtually! But we can’t wait to return to in-person). You’ll also get a sweet employee discount, as well as a monthly MeUndies membership to rebuild your underwear drawer with our top notch prints.