Safety Support Specialist at GoGuardian
| El Segundo
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:48 a.m. (PST) on Wednesday, November 4, 2020
GoGuardian is on a mission to transform education by helping to protect students in the digital space from harmful and distracting content and supporting their mental health. We partner with schools to identify learning patterns and maximize the academic potential of every student. With GoGuardian, educators can engage students with more effective resources while also promoting online accessibility in the most applicable way for their school population.
From developing support resources to tracking and escalating issues, we’re looking for a utility team member who is passionate about helping our customers & their community and isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and help out wherever needed. You’ll handle sensitive customer communications regarding GoGuardian Beacon, analyze Beacon case issues, and communicate with school officials as well as other key stakeholders in the protection of students’ mental health.
What You'll Do
- Review Beacon incident reports and work closely with school administrators (e.g., school counselors) to take appropriate action per operations policies
- Identify and escalate new issues and trends, including sensitive problems, and help contribute to solution building
- Act as a liaison between GoGuardian and non-school officials
- Contribute to support resources, including knowledge base articles and canned responses
- Speak to a diverse group of customers including CTOs and Superintendents
- Supporting overall Technical Support tickets as business needs arise.
Who You Are
- Reliable and trustworthy team player that is focused, committed and able to work independently in a fast-paced, changing environment
- 1+ year in a Support role or other intimate Customer-Facing Roles (prior work in Trust & Safety, Online Content Moderation, school-based roles like Teacher, Administrator, Counselor, Therapist, or Social Worker highly preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to follow protocols and policies across typical and “edge case” scenarios, while also being to think quickly and handle potentially challenging cases as professionally as possible
- High level of emotional intelligence dealing with sensitive information and potentially high-stress situations
- Experience working with Zendesk
- Experience answering support tickets and phone calls
- Outstanding written, verbal, interpersonal communication skills. College degree preferred.
What We Offer
- Opportunity to impact and revolutionize safe digital learning experiences for K-12 students
- Partner with enthusiastic and talented colleagues who are compelled to do good in the world
- Weekly yoga classes and guided aromatherapy meditation
- Annual personal growth stipend for continued learning
- Grow and scale with one of the fastest growing EdTech companies
GoGuardian is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. GoGuardian does not discriminate against employees, applicants, interns or volunteers on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, registered domestic partner status, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.