PROCUREMENT DIRECTOR at The Aerospace Corporation
In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
At THE Aerospace Corporation, our team manages all aspects of procurement for the entire corporation. We provide the opportunity to be a part of a diverse team that purchases a wide range of capital, indirect, and government-funded products and services including IT, specialized equipment, development projects, facilities services and engineering, design, and construction.
We are currently seeking a strong Supply Chain leader with a background spanning all procurement types including Government, Services, Construction, and Development to lead the Supply Chain team. This position reports directly to the Principal Director of Supply Chain. The selected individual must have significant experience and a solid understanding of all types of procurement including Commercial and Government FAR-based procurements. This person will be key in the continued transformation of the Supply Chain team from a General Procurement focused team to a team able to support a wide variety of Supply Chain & Subcontract requirements. This transformation includes the implementation of new agreement types, new tools, templates, system changes, compliance, and ongoing staff development and training.
- Form strategies to construct and execute subcontract activities utilizing various contracting types that are developed based on the need of each program.
- Partner with key customers in the transformation of Supply Chain from procurement focused on a strategic team with the skillset to handle a wide variety of Supply Chain & Subcontract requirements
- Strong leader, people-focused, mentor, forward thinker
- Utilize negotiation and proposal skills
- Understanding and execution of the entire procurement cycle
- Solid understanding of FAR/DFAR
- Provide vendor Sourcing Strategies
- Ensure compliance with corporate policies, practices, procedures, public law, and FAR
- Develop and lead initiatives for integrated project teams and program reviews to monitor project performance for successful outcomes
- Develop and manage staff skills and resources to execute all objectives
- Plan and execute strategy and goals
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field
- 10 plus years of professional experience managing Government & Commercial Subcontracts and Procurements showing progressive upward movement
- Experience with different subcontracting vehicles such as T&M, Cost Type, FFP, etc.
- Management experience directly related to key requirements
- Experience subcontracting under Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR)
- Experience with subcontract best practices, standards, and methodologies
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of corporate staff, management, and customers
- Must be detail-oriented
- Ability to prioritize tasks and projects
- Demonstrated ability to meet schedules
- Ability to handle multiple priorities at one time
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated flexibility to adapt and effectively respond to changing priorities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- SAP experience
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you’re an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at [email protected]. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.