Operations Manager, Payments
Looking for an exciting opportunity to work at a fast growing FinTech startup? Paying bills is the #1 source of stress in people’s lives, and Papaya’s mission is to reduce this stress by using technology to make the bill paying process fast and easy. With the Papaya app users can snap a photo of any bill and it’s paid — no more making calls, mailing checks, or filling out tedious web forms. We’d love for you to try it yourself — search the App or Play Store for Papaya Payments or visit ppaya.com.
Papaya is backed by some of the most successful investors in the world, including Sequoia Capital, First Round Capital, and Silicon Valley Bank. We have made payments to tens of thousands of businesses in all 50 states. Mobile share of the $4T US consumer bill payment space is only 2.7% and growing fast. This is a ground floor opportunity with a startup that will disrupt this massive market.
Papaya believes that diversity helps build an inclusive culture where all team members can grow, contribute, and feel valued. If you agree, we’d love to hear from you!
Responsibilities: We’re looking for a Payment Operations Manager who will:
- Build, train, and manage a team of Payment Operations Specialists that execute payment fulfillment, partner conversion, and customer service
- Build and use metrics to monitor and optimize team and individual performance
- Work across the organization to help improve our processes and the experience for our team members, consumers, and merchants
Requirements: Teamwork, flexibility, communication, and a willingness to learn are of the highest importance. Additionally, this team member must have:
- A passion for improving processes and pursuing operational excellence
- An analytical approach to problem solving and strong attention to detail
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- A drive to succeed and help the business grow
This employee will receive a competitive salary, equity, and a benefits package.
If you are interested in this role, please send your resume and tell us a story of a time you improved an operational process and the impact it had.