Operations Manager and Executive Assistant to the CEO
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR...
Brainjolt wants to surprise and delight everyone who uses the Internet. In order to do that, we are constantly building new things, testing new features and exploring big ideas. To do this we need a Senior Operations Manager
Over the next 3 months you will be expected to:
- Implement an exciting, effective project tracking methodology across Brainjolt.
- Implement a system that has managers reliably and effectively create yearly/quarterly/monthly goals for their departments/people.
- Implement a company scoreboard so that everyone knows what departments are excelling and which ones need help.
- Implement data dashboards that are easily digestible
- Get Brainjolt running with smooth efficiency in both maintaining what we’ve built while we innovate and experiment with new things.
- Work with CEO to make decisions for operational activities and set strategic goals.
- Plan and monitor the day-to-day running of business to ensure smooth progress.
- Oversee all company data, ensure its accuracy, and deliver the most relevant data to each dept so that they can see their performance clearly.
- Supervise staff from different departments and provide constructive feedback.
- Evaluate regularly the efficiency of business procedures according to organizational objectives and apply improvements.
- Improve the business processes for each department through analysis and collaboration.
- Review financial information and adjust operational budgets to promote profitability.
- Revise and/or formulate policies and promote their implementation.
- Manage relationships/agreements with external partners/vendors.
- Evaluate overall performance by gathering, analyzing and interpreting data and metrics.
- Ensure that the company runs with legality and conformity to established regulations.
- Collaborate with department management to develop financial plans.
- Organize and prioritize all of the company’s internal projects and keep them moving forward simultaneously without breaking a sweat.
- Proactively manage project schedules, making sure everyone involved know their tasks and deadlines.
- Define success for every project and then track the relevant metrics.
- Track our competition. Understand their success.
- Maintain thorough notes of procedures and expectations in order to document general processes and guidelines for this growing department.
- You have to know more about operations than anyone interviewing you. Seriously!
- Proven experience as Director of Operations or equivalent position.
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities.
- Outstanding communication and people skills.
- Knowledge of industry’s legal rules and guidelines.
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics.
- Familiarity with Google/MS Office and various business software (e.g. ERP, CRM).
- BSc/BA in business administration or relevant field; MSc/MA will be a plus.
We are fast-paced and entrepreneurial work environment that empowers (and then expects) our people to work hard, often independently, and to drive results that directly impact the business. To continue to do this, we need people on the team who are up to the task. People who live our core values naturally and not just to keep their job.
These core values are the real answer to the question Why Brainjolt? And they can be summed up in one word: BECAUSE.
- Brilliance — Your life is optimized for inspiration. You have brainjolts every day.
- Expertise — You own your area and excel in your field.
- Curiosity — You are always learning.
- Analysis — You are devoted to the numbers. You test everything.
- Urgency — You are driven. You have hustle. You are biased toward action.
- Scrappiness — You are strategic to the point of sly. You are occasionally cunning.
- Enthusiasm — You love your work. You love these values. You are inspiring and inspirable.
Since early on, our tagline at 22 Words has been Fight boredom, spread happiness. We strive to do this not just for our audience there, but for our team, too. So in addition to offering basic benefits, here are some additional ways we support our team’s continued personal success and happiness.
- Unlimited PTO
- Home internet & mobile phone assistance
- Gym membership assistance
- 2 tickets to a concert of your choice per year
- Spotify, Netflix, and Audible subscriptions.
- Monthly Personal and business-related book budgets
- Coffee and beer
- And more…
To apply, please visit https://brainjolt-1.workable.com/jobs/591946