The Black Tux is reinventing the formalwear rental experience so guys can show up at their best on the days that matter most. We design and manufacture modern rental suits and tuxedos that actually fit—made of 100% wool, ordered online, and delivered for free.
We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic team player that will serve as the first face visitors see when they visit The Black Tux. The ideal candidate will have exceptional communication skills paired with a can-do attitude. We want someone who is a proactive thinker, always optimistic, and who is willing to lend a helping hand whenever needed. If that is you, we want you on our team!
What You'll Do
- Create a positive first impression as you greet guests and candidates
- Notify appropriate internal stakeholders when their visitor arrives
- Collect and distribute incoming and outgoing mail, packages, and vendor deliveries
- Report any incidents or suspicious activity outside of office to internal team and authorities
- Assist with the set up and cleaning up for all company/catering events
- Assist with calendaring and scheduling of events/meetings for both office staff and remote staff
- Take on additional projects and responsibilities as needed
- Process exchanges for Nordstrom orders
- Shipping: supplies etc to showrooms, inventory and supplies for Nordstrom locations, etc
- Order business cards
- Fulfill inventory replacement needs for showrooms
- Update Appointment Plus: add/remove employees, add fitting rooms, etc.
- Partner with customer care to set up Yelp pages for any new locations
- Fulfill supply needs for showrooms
- Research dry cleaning services for Nordstrom locations
- Assist with customer reach outs as needed (e.g. make outbound calls to reschedule appointments, reminders, etc.)
- Maintain Northpass training platform with updates
- New employee set up or terminations: tech (email, etc), and add them to Appointment Plus and Northpass
Responsibilities for Showroom team admin:
Who You Are
- You're excited to work in a dynamic, high-growth startup environment
- Fun and outgoing personality with a professional demeanor
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Proactive and quick to adapt to changing priorities
- Past receptionist experience is a plus!
- Have highly effective written and verbal communication skills
- Reliable, punctual, efficient with a passion for helping others
- You have an eye for detail, so you've read this job post from beginning to end and know to address your cover letter ''Hi TBT Recruiters!''
Benefits and perks of working at The Black Tux
- Exciting startup environment
- Weekly catered lunches
- Competitive hourly rate
- Dog-friendly office
- Complimentary dry cleaning & tailoring services
- Health, dental and vision coverage
- Paid parking
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Stocked kitchen & pantry
- Apple equipment or whatever you need to be productive
- Monthly team outings
- Free suit and tuxedo rentals
We're an equal opportunity employer to all. We interview and hire applicants of all backgrounds, orientations, expressions, and identities.
Read Full Job Description