Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
The Structures Test team is responsible for qualifying and acceptance testing every part produced by the world’s largest 3D metal printer. Additionally, we test mechanisms, components, and any other hardware that requires hazardous operations or extreme temperatures. The instrumentation specialist is responsible for applying all strain gages, building data circuits, and verifying all installed sensors.
What you’ll do:
Generally, your tasks may include the following:
- Layout, surface prep, and apply strain gages using industry best practices.
- Maintain instrumentation records and wiring lists.
- Perform checkouts using proprietary data and control systems.
- Instruct technicians in the appropriate techniques for gaging
- Advise engineers on the limitations and best practices of strain gage use
- Build data control boxes per engineering instruction
- Support other test activities as needed
Your near term responsibilities will be:
- Instrument the upcoming flight hardware
- Establish standard application procedures
- Maintain strain gage and accessory inventory
What you need to know:
- Experience applying strain gages using adhesives
- Familiarity with gage and adhesive types and when to use them
- Ability to verify and troubleshoot strain gage installs
- Ability to operate Microsoft Excel
Nice to haves but not required:
- Experience with DeweSOFT
- Ability to train others
- Familiarity with version control software (GIT, SVN)
- Experience building data and control systems
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.