Implementation Specialist, Inventory
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
The Implementation Specialist brings insights to our Edmunds.com Inventory and Transaction Data while developing efficiencies in our every day data support of Edmunds programs such as Price Promise, an exciting and growing advertising program that gives the millions of vehicle shoppers who visit Edmunds.com an easy way to get upfront pricing from our Dealer Partners.
Specifically, this position works with dealerships, internal teams, data providers, and third-party data vendors to ensure all vehicle management data points are correctly reflected on the Edmunds.com site and within our dealer tools. You’ll be the first point of contact when a dealer signs up for our advertising services ensuring they are fully operational. You’ll make things happen by leveraging your sharp analytical skills and problem solving abilities to create more efficient processes, develop opportunities for improvement, guide tool development, and analyze our data sets to become the subject matter expert on Edmunds’ inventory and transaction data.
What You’ll Do:
- Onboard and maintain our Dealer Partners’ inventory
- Fulfill and update our Dealer Partner’s inventory products in Salesforce
- QA and confirm live the dealer’s inventory on Edmunds
- Investigate and resolve any inventory issues for any Dealer Partners who are live
- Communicate with providers and vendors regarding data files
- Submit enrollment requests for newly enrolled Dealer Partners
- Resolve any issues related to incoming data files
- Enforce strict data quality control guidelines against new and existing feeds
- Follow through and display excellent customer service
- Monitor, track, and resolve incidents submitted to our data vendor that surface during the enrollment and feed review process
- Partners with the Dealer Success and Sales teams to support our Dealer Partners
- Network and build collaborative relationships
- Collaborate with internal teams to resolve data related issues
- Engage with partners and vendors to improve cross-functional processes and procedures
- Bring efficiencies to our processes and be an integral part of change
- Become a Subject Matter Expert on our Inventory and Transaction Data sets
- Analyze our data to provide insights, and support Edmunds’ goals
- Become the go-to person that internal and external players can come to for answers, information, and advice
- Gain a deep understanding of the Edmunds technology to create automation efficiencies
- You need to have true grit to fight for knowledge and get to the truth of the problem...thinking outside the box to come up with creative solutions.
- Interacting with non-technical and very technical individuals can be difficult, you will need to have the great customer support communications in order to satisfy our internal customers and external dealers and vendors.
- It’s easy to get bogged down in our support function, you will need to figure out how to balance your day to day processes, project work, and putting out fires as they arise
- Dealing with technical dealer and industry knowledge can be tedious, you will need to love the nitty gritty details and hunger to understand how it all fits together in order to be successful in your career as an Implementation Specialist.
What You'll Need:
- You’re a unique combination of data guru + people-person with at least 1 year of hands-on data management experience
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral) with the ability to build solid relationships with vendors, dealer partners, and internal teams to provide excellent customer service (i.e. play nicely with others)
- Excellent technical skills with the ability to understand and communicate difficult concepts to non-technical players (speak to the layman)
- Previous experience with Salesforce or other CRM systems
- Strong analytical skills in order to visualize, articulate, understand and solve problems through using data (data doesn’t scare you)
- Desire to take initiative and think of solutions for problems that you may encounter (own it, Sparky)
- Can easily manage multiple tasks in a well-organized and highly detailed manner while working in a fast-paced, perpetually evolving, process-driven environment (this role is not for the disorganized)
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Excel, comfortable working with spreadsheets and formulas
- SQL skills are a plus!
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.