Health Coach (Headspace Health) at Headspace
How your skills and passion will come to life at Headspace:
- You bring a positive attitude and authenticity to your work, such that participants look forward to engaging with you.
- You coach with self-awareness and compassion to empathize and connect with participants to build trust.
- Educate clients about how we support their chronic illness.
- Deliver coaching curriculum to help patients identify their health goals and motivations.
- Build and deliver care plans made of bite-sized behavior change that will help patients achieve their health goals.
- You provide supportive accountability by scheduling regular interactions via video, phone or text message and proactively reach out if clients are not progressing towards their goals. You problem solve with clients if things aren’t working.
- Work collaboratively with the Headspace Health team to improve the coaching service by providing feedback, recommendations and sharing coaching best practices.
What you’ve accomplished:
- Bachelor’s degree in health related field required such as nutrition, exercise physiology, health education, nurse case management etc.
- Certification in health coaching (or similar)
- 2-3 years of experience coaching clients one-on-one to help them meet their health goals.
- Preferred prior experience using software/technology to deliver health coaching
- Ability to educate and facilitate behavior change around domains of wellness
- Trained in Motivational Interviewing.
- Experience working with chronic condition management, such as diabetes, IBS, weight management, chronic migraine, etc. is a plus.
- An exceptional interpersonal communicator; you are patient, attentive and kind.
- Passionate about working with patients to improve outcomes by inspiring and providing guidance.
- Creative and resourceful with a broad skill set of tools for helping people to engage in their health.
- Compassionate, open-minded and nonjudgemental - you know that it can be hard to change behavior.
- Independent, creative self-starter, flexible, comfortable with ambiguity, and thrive in a fast-paced work environment that encourages critical thinking and problem solving.